Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Hope it's good as I can sometimes get aubergines quite cheap (don't think they sell particularly well where I live!).

I love aubergines. That's one of the (many) good things about our Turkish holidays. Hope your recipe turns out well.:)
    joedenise wrote: »
    Enjoy your egg & chips Maman.

I'm sure I shall. I prepped the chips earlier so it'll be easy to do. I'd planned to have sausage, chips and beans one evening last week. DH can eat that and I'd have done an egg for me. But life got in the ay so the meal plan had to be rejigged to save time so we had freezer food instead.

I've been feeling really bloated today. It seems so unfair when I've been 100% on plan and not even had a syn packed weekend:(. I have drunk lots of water and finished off the tonic from yesterday. Maybe that's the problem.:undecided
  • B17c
    B17c Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    -2.5 off for me please!
    Credit Card Debt:[STRIKE]£12991[/STRIKE] £12526
    14/12/18 27/12/18
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2019
    #126 £1900/£12526
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great loss B17c :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done vixstar on SOTW:T:T:T Thanks chris for the chart:D:T
    Welcome Terry:D
    Well done to all the losers:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    tea_003.jpg
    Tea :D
    Well actually it looks better than it was, the chicken was tough:( the mushrooms were lush :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 7:48PM
    Options
    It's kind of too late but I want to join you guys. My plan is to lose 10 pounds in 1month.
    Start date 6.03.18. (weight - 165 pounds).
    My plan for today:
    Breakfast - cereals
    Lunch - Chicken salad
    Dinner - Protein cocktail and salad
    Snacks - apple, protein bar, natural yogurt.

Protein cocktail...... interesting. Is this a mixed grill! :D:D:D
    maman wrote: »
    Hi terry?:hello:Well done on your weightloss so far:). Are you actually following Slimming World or doing your own thing? What's a protein cocktail??

Are you starting back on plan today ssm? Back on the carrots?:D

I reckon I've got about 50 syns left since Friday's WI. I don't really need many so I can use them at this Afternoon Tea thing on Wednesday. It wouldn't be my choice of using syns but it's friend's leaving do so I have to suck it up (or hopefully not;)). Then I'll have to go to WI a day early on Thursday as I'd rather pay my usual consultant and then I'm out for a meal on Thursday evening. Hopefully I will get at least STS this week so I'm not going backwards. :(

Today DH and I aren't going to be home together for dinner so as I'm eating on my own I plan to treat myself to my favourite egg and chips!:D

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, overnight oats with strawberries and more berries
    L: cold pork with LO fried veg
    D: SW chips, fried eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus
    Syns: NONE!

I am on it like a car bonnet.

Breakfast: Allbran, yoghurt and brambles.
    Lunch: Peach/grapes
    tea: new pot, salad, peas, boiled egg and Quorn sausage and a dollop of flavoured quark.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

And I have been shopping on the way home so I have a fridge full of SW esp. carrots.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The aubergine & lentil curry was really bland when I tasted it so I ended up adding some chilli flakes & about a Tbs of my HM curry powder. At least it had a bit of heat - problem was it was all heat and not much flavour.

I'll use aubergine & lentils again but I will just do my normal curry recipe as that gives a nice flavour without too much heat.

I ate all mine but DH and DGS didn't eat all theirs: DH because he was full up but DGS because it was too hot for him.

Maman - are you drinking too much fizzy drinks? I find if I drink loads of fizzy then I feel really bloated but I'm OK if I just drink squash, tea, coffee & wine!

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have just tried the SW chicken risotto from Iceland.
    Now I love courgettes and chicken but none to keen on this.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have just tried the SW chicken risotto from Iceland.
    Now I love courgettes and chicken but none to keen on this.

I a not keen on any of them:o i like the chip shop curry sauce pimped up though:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I a not keen on any of them:o i like the chip shop curry sauce pimped up though:D

and I think it is yuck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport