Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Comments

• dan28
    dan28 Posts: 289
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, the new mlife offers are online since some days. Valid for travel from now until September 15th.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr
    not appeared on mine!! boooooooo hooo :cry:
    I still got hotel specific and the 1 multi corp offer...
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    There are loads of offers when I log in but nothing that stands out at present although I don't gamble much to accumulate credit.. Best offers I get are through MyVegas i.e. two nights comp rooms.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm just being greedy !
    I'm hoping new offers hit me with 4nt stays, as am assessing our options at the mo....
    We have 11 nights in Vegas in June....
    1st 3 are in Monte Carlo.....
    Am toying with the idea of doing 3 nights in the Rio or Stratosphere if I can do a deal with a host (backend comp given I have no play in either hotel), then last remaining 5 nights in the Lux through my host ...
    Or..........
    Add a further 2 nights at the MC using wifes myVegas booking, then do 6 nights via the host in Luxor..........
    Or............
    if new Mlife offer came out with 4nts, then we would do 3 nights in Rio or Strat, then 4nts through comp and 1 night at reduced rate with the idea of the room charge being waived at checkout....

Decisions decisions!!!! We like swimming pools, and wife likes $5 blackjack ! :D and I like Suites !
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I Have just checked my mlife account.

Never been offered a comped room before,not surprised really,as we dont bet enough.
    So was quite surprised to see comped rooms of 2 and 3 nights for various mgm properties...date specific.

So I have just changed our first 5 nights in the Orleans to 2 free nights at MGM Grand king strip view..resort fee only,then 3 nights in Orleans of which 2 are comped.

With the other 6 nights being made cheaper by the use of airmiles,the total cost for 11 nights will be under £300.

Nearly costing us that much for one night in New York.
  • serenawell
    serenawell Posts: 212
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just booked 4 nights comp in NYNY for August x
  • Are you just looking at your 'M Life Tier Discount' tab for this?

Thanks
    Brats64 wrote: »
    I Have just checked my mlife account.

Never been offered a comped room before,not surprised really,as we dont bet enough.
    So was quite surprised to see comped rooms of 2 and 3 nights for various mgm properties...date specific.

So I have just changed our first 5 nights in the Orleans to 2 free nights at MGM Grand king strip view..resort fee only,then 3 nights in Orleans of which 2 are comped.

With the other 6 nights being made cheaper by the use of airmiles,the total cost for 11 nights will be under £300.

Nearly costing us that much for one night in New York.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Are you just looking at your 'M Life Tier Discount' tab for this?

Thanks

No...I clicked on the “view all offers” link at the bottom of main offers.

This then showed everything that was on offer to me.
    The deal I used was a “gaming offers” link.When I clicked into this it showed most hotels offering me 2 or 3 nights comped...except for the top hotels i.e Bellagio,Aria.

I have just gone back into my account,and the “gaming offers” option has now gone...I assume because I have used the offer.

Strange thing is there is still an offer specifically for the MGM Grand comped for up to 3 nights in a west wing room...on specific dates.

The comp that I used for 2 nights at MGM was specific dates,as were all the other offers I had.
    The lower the quality hotel...Excalibur, Luxor etc...had most dates available.I would have liked to use the Mirage offer I had,as we really liked it there on a previous stay...but dates didn’t fit in with our trip,so used the MGM as we haven’t stayed there before.
  • Lee399
    Lee399 Posts: 51 Forumite
    We are back in Vegas in mid July, we scored a great deal in the Virgin Christmas sale just over £1k, 2 people for 11 nights in staying the SLS flying from London. As we have a some money left over in the budget we are looking to rent a car this time we visit.

The best deal I've seen so far is £201 for 9 days rentals for a Standard Car (Jetta or equialnet) with Hertz using CDP code. From what I have read from the 2017 thread am I correct in saying they dont allocate you a car as such but direct you to row of cars and you pick your own?

What are the chances of getting something better than a Jetta ($20 trick etc)?
  • 21yrold
    21yrold Posts: 292 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2018 at 4:22PM
    Hi Guys,

I'ts been a while.

I went Vegas with my now Ex GF a few years ago (brilliant advice last time from here for that), my mom has always wanted to go & now I'm taking her for her 60th from 22nd November until 27th...

I've booked via BA website for the whole trip, it was actually the cheapest and I could use my BA Amex to pay for it.

Questions....

Its moms bday on the 24th, so mid trip :

Chances of upgraded flights (anyone got any hints for BA)?
    Chances of $20 tip working again for fountain views?

Mom's a little rock chic at heart, any shows which you would recommend, I seen the beetles one last time but hopefully I will take her to that & I know 'Tallica are on if I want to go.

Any little hints and tips I would gladly accept, I want to make it her best holiday EVER! :money:

**EDIT**

I'm now going to be 31 when we fly out, not 21 :( haha
    Halifax loan - 6800 - 198 DD a month
    Barclay card 0% - £2000 - £150 DD a month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business