Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    esmy wrote: »
    Afternoon all and well done losers!

All was going well yesterday till an incident involving gingernuts last night...never mind, back on it today

Todays menu
    B Bran flakes, berries, 0% fat greek yoghurt and honey
    L HM BNS and lentil spicy soup, small ham salad with LTL mayo, orange
    D Chicken and veg stirfry with noodles, might use a packet sauce which will be a couple of syns extra

DD made some cheese and onion pasties with wraps yesterday - had a taste and they were lovely! I haven't eaten pastry in over a year but will definitely have a go at wrap 'pies'. To anyone who makes them, what fillings do you put in them?

Bubbs your quiches always look fabulous, so much better than mine. How many eggs do you use?

An incident with ginger nuts:rotfl::rotfl:
    9 eggs today, usually 8 or 9, i dont use quark or cottage cheese or milk, just the fillings , egg and salt & pepper:D
    I made pies used 5% minced beef, onions and mushrooms, have used braising steak cubed onions and mushrooms, but i always cook and let go cold then put it in , these were minced beef i made this week, i have not had pastry in 47 weeks either
    100_8199_1.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Well done to all the losers :T

Lost 2.5 lbs :j
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tweets wrote: »

:j:j:j:j well done tweets and good afternoon :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

Great loss tweets :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Bubbs~~Scotch eggs look just fabarooni :drool:

Bright sunny but cold here today~~very bracing!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Hello all, wonder if it's ok for me to join in?

I've done SW before, varying degrees of success until I discovered a couple of years ago I had an autoimmune condition connected to my thyroid - cue lots of fast weightloss without much effort. I've since had my thyroid removed and while I'm waiting to the meds to stabilise me, the weight has started to creep back on. I'm headed back to class on Tuesday but think this thread might help me to stay on track, you seem like a lovely lot xxx
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Welcome Fred - hope you don't mind my shortening your name!

Of course you can join us, everybody is welcome.

As you've probably seen lots of us post our menus each day which helps keep us on track a bit better! I'm a target member and have been for about 6 years, although currently 0.5lb over target range which I'm hoping to shift this week before my holiday next week!

Good luck.

Denise
  • beanielou
    Hello all, wonder if it's ok for me to join in?

I've done SW before, varying degrees of success until I discovered a couple of years ago I had an autoimmune condition connected to my thyroid - cue lots of fast weightloss without much effort. I've since had my thyroid removed and while I'm waiting to the meds to stabilise me, the weight has started to creep back on. I'm headed back to class on Tuesday but think this thread might help me to stay on track, you seem like a lovely lot xxx

Welcome to MSE & to our lovely thread :)
    We are indeed a lovely buch.
    You will get lots of support here.

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Look forward to the photos :D

Well done - just goes to show the even when you think all hope of a loss is gone our bodies can surprise us!

Breakfast this morning - homemade sausage roll, bacon medallions, tomatoes, mushrooms and poached eggs.

UzXkGhdl.jpg

Sacrilege ....... get that sausage roll out of the tomato sauce, it will make the lovely crunchy pastry soft! I have to say your eggs look perfect (I think that is the first time I have ever made that comment!!:D)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done tweets, you are doing fabulous.

Welcome Fred.

Not sure what beanie is on about.... lovely bunch.....they encourage you to stop putting food in your mouth...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Welcome to MSE & to our lovely thread :)
    We are indeed a lovely buch.
    You will get lots of support here.
  • beanielou
    Sacrilege ....... get that sausage roll out of the tomato sauce, it will make the lovely crunchy pastry soft! I have to say your eggs look perfect (I think that is the first time I have ever made that comment!!:D)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done tweets, you are doing fabulous.

Welcome Fred.

Not sure what beanie is on about.... lovely bunch.....they encourage you to stop putting food in your mouth...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Watch it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure