GalaHotels.com has anyone used this site?

Options

Comments

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    In your case, I dont really see what the problem is. Booked a room. Got a room.
  • oldgitinspain
    Options
    Another story as above 944 € for a non-available booking in Krakow.
    It is still happening in 2014.
    No refund, no replies, non existent customer service on Spanish number just an answer machine.
    Probably have to wave goodbye to the money
    Don't touch Galahotels.com. Stay well clear
  • oldgitinspain
    Options
    It took a week but I got my money back. Now much relieved.
    I posted a review on Trustpilot and got an immediate reply. Promising to return the money. 5 days later it arrived in my bank.
    If you get caught by these people then make a fuss wherever you can because they don't reply to mails or answer the customer service line (at least not the Spanish one)
    Why did they take payment when they knew there was no availability? And worse why did they try to take a second payment for the alternative hotel? Thinking about it we have no reason to believe the second hotel was available either.
    Strongly advise to withhold payment until booking confirmed by the hotel. They don't allow that then walk away. Booking.com only for me in future.
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    i use agencies for research but always go direct. - safer in the travel world!
  • Damir
    Options
    Beware of Gala Hotels, our hotel turned out to be 20 km from the advertised place. It basically ruined our vacation.
  • KJK1705
    Options
    I work for a worldwide hotel chain and am having problems with Galahotels advertising cheap rates for one of my hotels which I have not agreed with them. I have no idea where they got this price from, we will not honour any reservations booked on this rate, they don't have rooms booked with us, and of course I cannot get through to anyone on their published phone number to try to investigate or put a stop to this.

My advice is to avoid- if a hotel deal looks to good to be true, it usually is!
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 October 2014 at 3:16PM
    Options
    KJK1705 wrote: »
    I work for a worldwide hotel chain and am having problems with Galahotels advertising cheap rates for one of my hotels which I have not agreed with them.

So your complaint is that they are getting round your online Best Rate Guarantee (would some call that price fixing? I couldn't possibly comment), and offering customers a competitive price...given that this website is dedicated to people who wish to save money and get the best deal, you are probably in the wrong place for sympathy (however justified you may be contractually). Galahotels may not be perfect, but they have been trading successfully for a long time, as evidenced by the length of this thread.

If you would like to be more angry, suggest you check out the thread dedicated to cracking the code of which hotel is which on your opaque rates...
  • Dogzville
    Options
    I have been using them for years and find them excellent. I would highly recommend them.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    So you think forum users will believe a new poster who drags up an old thread to say how wonderful this company is?

Well think again the users are not that thick.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 December 2014 at 10:34PM
    Options
    I have just booked through these tonight and after reading a few reviews I decided to check up a bit more and was quite worried seeing this and a number of other sites criticising them.

I have contacted the hotel and been told the reservation has been made, so while I am not dismissing the complaints that have been made it seems that they are not all bad.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport