Flight deal websites are they legit?

Are those flight deals websites legit? I've seen places like fly4free and secret flying give outrageous flight deals, but I always wonder if they're dodgy. When you go on the websites it seems like a blog and they redirect you to legit places like opodo and booking.com etc. So I do think it is legit, but I've never actually tried to buy a flight/hotel deal through them. Most of the stuff is very short notice anyway, so doesn't really work for someone such as myself who has to book off holiday (and get the wife to do it too!). But if it's legit it could be great!

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This isn't the right forum to be asking this.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    This forum is only for posting deals. Moving to correct forum

Hi, we move threads if we think they'll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Why would an airline supply them with cheaper tickets?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I frequently browse SecretFlying. You're right in that is is essentially a blog. They find a deal and post it. It's much the same as, say, HeadForPoints.

I've booked flights I've seen on SecretFlying before (~ £250pp Singapore Airlines, Manchester to Houston).

What makes you think it's dodgy, you are booking with established OTAs or directly with the airline?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    BillyBills wrote: »
    they redirect you to legit places like opodo

Now there's a laugh...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income