22 Foxhole East

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Step gran is back in hospital. She has gone in for more tests to find out what is the matter with her. She has no energy and a constant headache.

So she is back where she should have been all along, and has managed to convince herself she was just being brave so I could have a nice holiday with her while she hid how unwell she was feeling. There was no hiding going on, she just did not want to be alone.

Trying not to be annoyed with her.

Anyway, sorted her house and contents insurance for her this morning.
    Ambulance picking her up in the next hour.
    Cashed out £12 from prolific last night - got a survey for £7 for a half hour. Moved cashout straight to mortgage account.
    There is now food in the house.

That is enough for now.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Step gran still in hospital, they cant stabilise her temperature due to this infection she has (bloodwork confirms infection - scans can't find it) and now they have withdrawn the iv- anti-biotics and are keeping her in for another couple of days. She is very not happy

She is complaining about being on a geriatric ward (she is 79 in November) and is highly offended as she does not consider herself to be a geriatric. She hates the food and is complaining about the tiny tiny portions (she complained about the waste in the last ward because of the huge portions) and it is apparently too cold, and the tv is too loud, and the first bed was too hard, and the second bed too soft and there were bears everywhere!!!

Took DS3 and 4 off to the Leicester City £1 football club during the school holidays. They loved it and are back every afternoon this week and next. I took the time to spend an hour walking around the perimeter of the park. Only managed 6km in the hour, which is rubbish, but it is a start. then I sat under a tree for an hour and watched the kids playing football, I will do it again tomorrow.
    Came home and found the missing 2 sets of shin pads - both in DS2's chest of drawers. In the same drawer. Where I said they were......

Posted postal spyware survey stuff

Managed to cut 3/4 of the front hedge, before the cutty-thing gave up and seized on me, so I have WD40'd it and will wait and see. better 3/4 of a tidy front bush than none. Said a sailor...........at some point........probably...... maybe......

Bins out tonight for emptying tomorrow, so all the recycling done and hedge trimmings in the bin and front garden tidied.

All kids tidied and hoovered their bedrooms at the weekend, so that is a most excellent change.

No idea what to cook for tea tonight. It is just too damn hot over here. The kids still want food though, so will have to cook....... they reckon we will lose the 27 degrees over the next few days and may get down to 18 degrees on Friday but it will be 18 degrees and rain, so humid and nasty, instead of blisteringly hot and nasty.

Oh well, 20 weeks til Xmas!

Roll on Darkness
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • chumpy45
    chumpy45 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Foxholes, I have recently read your diary from start to finish and have so enjoyed your adventures and admire your massive achievements with MFW and DIY ! My OH is not fully on board (although he would like the mortgage gone lol) so I can understand that you feel you are doing it "solo". I also have a house of boys (4) although the 3 elder ones are in various stages of employment and uni so life is a little easier, but I really laughed along with some of your very familiar stories of lost uniform, shrugs, and feeling like a taxi/bank. I am looking forward to following along with you :)
    Starting Mortgage 01.08.08 £171,209.24. [STRIKE]01.08.16 £42,418.93[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.02.17 £36,584.00[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.04.17 £34,694.7[/STRIKE]1 [STRIKE][STRIKE]09.06.17 £32,828.89 MFW Target date Sept 2017; :[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]) [STRIKE]06.08.18 £24,769.47[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.18 £23,825.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]22.01.19 £21,990.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][STRIKE]06.02.19 £21,200[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]03.03.19 £19,862.93[/STRIKE][STRIKE]01.05.19 £18,509.63[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.08.19 £16,750.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.10.19 £15,400.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.19 £14,700.00[/STRIKE] 01.12.19 £13,956.00 01.02.20 £12,503.61 01.04.20 £10,999.00
  • f0xh0les
    Hello Chumpy:wave: what a nice thing to say. Thank you.

I kind of treat this as therapy.

DH says I need professional help:rotfl:
  • f0xh0les
    I have a list.

I have been shopping already and put it all away (somehow ran out of bread and breakfast cereal - I blame kids),

Posted spy-ware letter

Laundry on and out

Going to attack the dumping ground that is .... the baaaack rooooooooooom. Currently there is a lot of DHs camping stuff in there, as he is going camping again in (wait for it...) SEPTEMBER and it is not worth putting away in the cupboard under the stairs (Narnia) or the cupboard of convenience. So will end up putting that away before anything else.

While the kids are playing football this afternoon, I am going to walk for an hour, and then go blackberrying as I found a patch on the way home yesterday that looked lush. I will freeze the blackberrys on a baking tray and then bag up, so I can just grab a handful when I need to. Really looking forward to freecycled/ fakebook apple season. I will take more this year as it really helped with pudding planning and it was lovely and FREE! Not sure how much of a harvest there will be between our Beast from the East late snows and the hot summer, but the apple tree on the railway embankment is laden.

Ok, wish me luck, I'm going in....
  • f0xh0les
    Oh yeah, also rang Step-Gran, she is being kept in for at least another 24 hours. Bloodwork still inconclusive.
    She just wants to go home.
  • f0xh0les
    I have a massive lunchbox full of blackberries, now frozen and awaiting my pleasure.

Got another £2 vouchers = £6 for Christmas fund

Paid a cheeky o/p £38.50 to the mortgage account

Kids are loving the 2hrs of football a day - will do this scheme again in the holidays.

The H4L1F4X bank have done something annoying. They have now linked my kids regular savings accounts, and savings accounts to my internet banking. Which means I have a total of 12 accounts with balances popping up every time I log in, and it is very annoying. I have managed to change the name on 6 of them, but am unsure which child is which on 2 of them so will have to wait until statements come in before I know which is which.

Anyway, £500 in each of 4 accounts so far -DS1 is 16 in October so will have his £1600 in his own bank account come March, and will be in charge of that.
    You have to let them make their own mistakes!

The temperarure has plummeted to 22 degrees so I will make sure to dress accordingly, I would not wish to catch a chill.

Feeling unmotivated and antsy - I blame kids.

Step-gran still in hospital, they took more bloods this morning, she is still hoping to be discharged before end of play today. ... we will see.

Laundry on line already, off to hunt my motivation in the bottom of a coffee cup....

see you anon.
  • f0xh0les
    Step gran still in hospital - they wanted to do one of those dye scans of her chest and abdomen but she is refusing as she had an allergic reaction to the dye last time, so they are just doing a normal scan this time. I think it is sepsis she has. Random infection, no obv cause, no spleen so no immune system, plus 3 rounds of cancer in different bodily locations has totally scuppered what immune system she had. Poor old duck is just on the way out.

So I am humping furniture about the place today. It is much cooler here, only 20 degrees but there is a breeze, we actually had a little rain last night.

One of the neighbours caved, and finished my hedge for me while he was doing his. It was less than a 5 minute job, but it means I can try and fix our trimmer before heading out and buying another one, although they are less than £30 from the Arg0s shop. Still, not a problem until Autumn tidy up before the end of the growing season.

Courgettes growing happily, tomatoes ripening slowly, 21 days of the holidays left.

YHA have a 25% off summer sale, so might manage a few days at the sea side. Will wait until the price drops further.

DH is on writing leave until January. No scheduled teaching (per se) but lots of admin, course planning, and supervising roles, so hopefully he will get a few more papers written and published this year. He has just finished doing resits, and is waiting to hear back on one paper he has submitted. He is trying not to think about it, but the longer that it goes without a rejection, the more he starts to a actively 'wait' to hear about it. Then again, it is the holiday period and a lot of academics only do the minimum over summer so they may not be reviewing yet.

Will do some baking this afternoon. Only easy food today. Something on toast for lunch and hummus, pittas, salad and pickles for the kids for tea, and left over aubergine curry and rice for bigger ones.

Wish this weight loss would hurry up and occur.
    Been exceptionally motivated and so far there has been no movement on the scale, plus have raised my exercise level. I am lacking in patience, good job I have motivation.

Onwards!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Sorry to hear about step-gran. Hope they can keep her comfortable.

Did you find your motivation in the bottom of the coffee cup? I only do decaf and I don't think it produces many motivational vibes...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    I am finding it hard to do things when I know I have to have lunch on the table at 12 to get out for the football at 1, then after getting home at 3 and then snack, a quick bath as they are on astroturf on a rubber pellet base - they come back black- it is time to think about cleaning up the mess that has appeared while out at football and making their tea for just after 5..

Basically nothing gets done when the boys are about. Simply not happening.

I just need to get up earlier and kick everyone out of their beds so I can get on with things. Like that is going to happen!

Oh well, I can get on with more lists and plannings and plottings and ideas to try out. They all seem to be having a lovely time and enjoying themselves so far these holidays. Except for the whole Ireland fiasco.

Went wild this afternoon and robbed all my accounts and paid down the mortgage to
    £103,999.99
    will repay the other accounts with ch/b and tax credits plus whatever is left at the end of the month after all back to school outgoings have gone out.

It is ASPIRATIONAL, this dropping a thousand bracket every month, it adds to the whole motivational thing. If I can shed the mortgage pounds, surely I can shed the weight loss pounds. :T:T

I can do this, I have done it before, so I can do it again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure