TSB Classic Plus - No interest Aug 2nd

I have two TSB Classic Plus accounts (both opened before they announced "only one account per person").
Until last month each received interest.

This month, account #1: Nothing, account #2: £6.23

As an aside, I had a statement for account #2 recently, but nothing for account #1.

Anybody else out there seeing the same thing.

PochiSoldi

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Both mine received £6.23 interest today.
    Back in June neither received interest on the due date but it turned up later in the month.
    Looks like they still have problems.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    noh wrote: »
    Both mine received £6.23 interest today.
    Back in June neither received interest on the due date but it turned up later in the month.
    Looks like they still have problems.

How much later?
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    pochisoldi wrote: »
    How much later?

20th June

There was a widespread problem in June with many people reporting non receipt of interest on the due day.

I don't remember anyone complaining about non receipt of July interest.
  • scragend
    scragend Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've had £6.23 in both of my accounts today. In fact I've never had any problems with TSB at all; maybe I was just one of the lucky ones. Makes a change.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    scragend wrote: »
    I've had £6.23 in both of my accounts today. In fact I've never had any problems with TSB at all; maybe I was just one of the lucky ones. Makes a change.
    Same here.

I think people should leave it a bit later than before noon on the day the payments are usually made before panicking about it. I bet the vast majority will have been paid by the end of the day.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • pochisoldi
    Same here.

I think people should leave it a bit later than before noon on the day the payments are usually made before panicking about it. I bet the vast majority will have been paid by the end of the day.

I'm with you on that - made a mental note to leave it until tomorrow at the earliest.

At least I was able to download my July credit card statement yesterday - only 23 days late, and a mere two days before the payment was due :T
  • pochisoldi
    Turns out that Paperless statements were turned off on the account in question.
    Given that this is yet another part of the online functionality which doesn't work for me, my conclusion is that a well meaning eegit in TSB's customer service department turned off paperless for the current account instead of turning it off for the credit card as requested.

I logged in 5 minutes after ending the call and the interest is there, and paperless has been turned back on.

PochiSoldi
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think there was something about paperless being turned off automatically if you didn't log-in through the website at least once in 3 months.

Incidentally I've just checked my account and I got £6.24!
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have all my TSB accounts set to paperless and log in at least once a month. A couple of weeks ago I received paper statements for two accounts. I logged in to online banking to find both accounts showing as set for paper statements, but when I tried to change them to paperless the system wouldn't let me, saying that I needed to make at least once change to the current settings. When I refreshed the page all accounts were showing as registered for paperless!

I was rather expecting to find no interest credited to the accounts in question this month, but all have been credited as normal.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Deneb wrote: »
    I have all my TSB accounts set to paperless and log in at least once a month. A couple of weeks ago I received paper statements for two accounts. I logged in to online banking to find both accounts showing as set for paper statements, but when I tried to change them to paperless the system wouldn't let me, saying that I needed to make at least once change to the current settings. When I refreshed the page all accounts were showing as registered for paperless!

I had the same thing a month or so ago - both accounts mysteriously changed to paper statements but I couldn't change back to paperless because I 'had to make at least one change'! Bizarre. As I was trying to make at least one change.

But things did go back to paperless anyway, just like yours, so no problem, just bewildering. Have had no other probs with TSB, unlike many others, but I can see their IT system is well and truly up the creek somewhere!

Interest, btw, on both my accounts, always appears (more or less on time). Never had any probs with that before or after IT changes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure