MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,489
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ProDave wrote: »
    I too have this settlement reading. Shame it is 20 units lower than the actual reading I submitted on the 1st. Shame they could not even get that right.

Currently the Iresa site is calculating my final charges on the basis of my actual reading on the night of the 31st.

IF Octopus use the (lower) settlement reading as the opening read then I will be double charged UNLESS the administrators alter the Iresa final charges figure resulting in an increase of credit carried forward.

Whats the betting that they try to double charge ??:(
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Thanks Malc,

I did reply to the email Octopus sent, and someone responded with a reassurance that they know the 'customer list' they received is inaccurate and will be checking the database before starting any switches.

Even so, I'll keep an eye on things myself and will drop you a line if I think it becomes necessary.

Hello Raxiel and sorry for the late reply. Not been working MSE all week until today.

I can see you're well on top of things. You know where I am if you need me. Happy to help.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • brewerdave
    Forumite
    Well, no sign of my Iresa credit appearing in the Octopus account. Looking like the 21st August for switchover ain't going to happen.:(
    Also the "daily" blogged update on the Iresa situation hasn't been updated since last Friday:rotfl:
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It would be unrealistic to think that they could switch 95K accounts in one day: I'd expect this to be staggered over next week, if the transition starts on 21/8.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave
    Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    It would be unrealistic to think that they could switch 95K accounts in one day: I'd expect this to be staggered over next week, if the transition starts on 21/8.

...but in the email they said "by the 21st" and be able to switch from the 22nd -nothing about starting to switch customers from the 21st. If it drags out then we could be paying Octopus for a couple of months at their higher rates!!:(
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,642
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am now an Octopus customer. As soon as you get the Iresa final bill e-mail from Octopus and click the accept link your account switches over with the Iresa balance showing in your Octopus account. Now to start switching. No DD set up so I will pay the final bill when it arrives after switching.
  • brewerdave
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    I am now an Octopus customer. As soon as you get the Iresa final bill e-mail from Octopus and click the accept link your account switches over with the Iresa balance showing in your Octopus account. Now to start switching. No DD set up so I will pay the final bill when it arrives after switching.

Does your final Iresa balance (on the Iresa site) equal your opening credit with Octopus? And is it as expected??
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,044
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was a bit naughty and started a switch before the 21st as I was hoping it would mean the new supplier just waited for the 21st to do it. They have come back saying the switch isn't possible until the 21st so will do it then. The response came across as though they may have had loads of others trying to do the same. I feared that if I did it on the actual day they may not be able to do it if inundated with people on the 21st. My aim really was to get the ball rolling for them to do the switch when it's possible to save paying the extra for my supply with octopus for longer than needed.
    They've also now removed the extra duplicate bill now and it's balanced up correctly.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,642
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Does your final Iresa balance (on the Iresa site) equal your opening credit with Octopus? And is it as expected??
    Yes, Iresa/Octopus figures in agreement but with the 27p difference from my calculations that I mentioned elsewhere.
  • psamuel
    psamuel Posts: 40
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The blog has been updated today, states 50% of final bills will be sent out today, the rest over the next few days.
    Also we have a chance to agree or disagree with the final bill.
    We have to provide evidence if we do not agree with the final bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure