Change is gonna come....

Options

Comments

• Onefortheroad
    Options
    I didn't go for a walk yesterday evening, I cleaned out the spare room instead - one of those things I keep putting off but now I've done it I'm so pleased with it - I keep going in there for a look :). Will be tackling the bathroom next - a proper deep clean.

I have been out for a walk this lunchtime though, took a walk through the beautiful park that is close to where I work. It's getting quite warm out there again now. Only three days left at work until I'm off for a fortnight. Can't wait to go for some nice walks along the beach. Holiday was paid for a long time ago before my situation changed, so whilst we're there this time it will be more picnics and walks - rather than spending money like I used to and I'm really looking forward to it. Take care all
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on clearing out the spare room :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    I have been out for a walk again - now back at my desk with the fan on enjoying a lovely salad. Oh, and decision made - I am self-managing my debts :j. Walking about this lunch time just seemed to clear my head. I want to go through the process with creditors as a reminder to myself never to get into this mess again. This evening I will be preparing letters or emails to send to them all again. I am paying them all a small amount at the moment with a view to increasing in a couple of months. I think that was getting me down as well, the letters I receive from them. Hey ho, life is too short to worry about things like this.

Really enjoying my new found love of walking at lunch times through. I'd better get back to it now. Have a good day y'all.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on self managing. You get quite a lot of letters to start with, but it soon eases off. I rarely get any post now, just when it's time to review or annual statements. I've been paying £1 a month for nearly two years now, so don't worry about paying a small amount initially.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    Thanks jwil - I am certainly ready for it now. I have written my letters and although not a vast improvement, each one will be getting more and that's the best I can do for now and so that's that. However, there will be some very small debts I can get rid of along the way as well (with some careful budgeting) which is why for me, I think the self manage route is better.

Not going out for a walk this lunchtime it's too hot... but I will venture out this evening if I can but then again it's Friday and that is usually a quick tea, followed by a slow G&T, usually followed by another and then finding something to watch on tele. It's just my little treat to myself - after all, I deserve it.

I have been for an interview recently to get a higher paid job, within the place I currently work at and will find out the result of that on Monday. Really hope it all works out for me it will make such a difference in lots of ways.

I'm going to tackle the bathroom this weekend - going to do it early tomorrow morning before it gets too hot and then I will go shopping - that should be most of the chores done, well apart from the usual washing, washing-up etc etc.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend, stay cool
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope you get a positive result on Monday.
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Onefortheroad
    Options
    Thank you Beanielou - will find out later this afternoon. Today is dragging... last day before some well earned leave - a few days at home followed by a week away - going to the south coast and I can't wait.

I was going to blitz the bathroom on Saturday morning, but as I didn't get any sleep Friday night, thanks to the rowdy bunch of whatnots who love to disturb people at 1/2 in the morning with their shouting and screaming, and then the police turning up by the van load, I slept in late. To add a little clarity, I live on a main road and so all this was going on right outside my bedroom window and I must say, was rather frightening at times - hearing people squaring up to each other and then the girls screaming and crying, fences being kicked and car alarms going off. It was awful and seemed to go on for ages. So yes, never got to do the bathroom Saturday morning but did go shopping and saved £22 on my weekly shop just by not buying things for the freezer - it's packed up. I would normally limit my weekly shopping to £50pw - but not buying the 'I might need that one day and it is on offer' stuff for the freezer saved me some money :T. I will however be looking to get another freezer soon, but a smaller one.

I have also now sent off my increased offer letters/emails and will wait patiently to hear back from my creds.

In other money news, I have opened another basic bank account - so now have the one which my salary goes into and pay the bills from. I now have another one where the shopping/petrol money goes - as these are the only two things I don't have on direct debit. I am going to challenge myself to always have something in there come payday, when the next lot will be transferred over. I have added another account onto it to build up the EF. I am so committed to this now.

All I need now, is some good news later on this afternoon re the job - fingers crossed.

Wishing you all a lovely rest of the day.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just read your diary and wishing you good luck on your debt free journey. Also keeping my fingers crossed that you get good news about the job. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Onefortheroad
    Options
    Hello Crystal thank you for dropping by. I got the job - so pleased with myself (for a change). Just had to have a glass of wine to celebrate and I've got some time off from work. Right now, life is good xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the job :)
    Well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure