Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,093
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    That's not very wise of her. She is failing in the banks duty to ensure that customers are aware of terms and conditions. This is a failure of regulatory compliance. The ID stuff is just bank policy to meet KYC, but she does know you, and they have already carried out KYC checks, so what she does insist on doing is not necessary (the banks' policy is over the top), but what she doesn't bother with is necessary to ensure regulatory compliance. Her manager needs to have a word with her.

Just to finish off this discussion. I've been in today to open Issue 12 and took the opportunity of asking about it. The staff who deal with me and I myself are in the clear!

The staff have two main objectives, firstly to weigh up the customer in conversation, and then via that conversation to create a rapport with customers. The latter is very important, hence the use of the word 'family' in much of Virgin's advertising.

They know from the computer that I've had all the store versions and more besides, so the introduction which took about one minute flat was littered with 'as you probably well know'. Then via him telling me where he was born (same city as my mother) we developed an interesting conversation about football. When eventually we got back to the business in hand, there was another minute of reciting stuff that he had to.

This is a nicer version of 'know your client' than the usual, they like to get on friendly terms, first name terms, and via conversation they can weigh up how sophisticated you are about money matters and enough about you to be satisfied that the minimum of their requirements is all that is required.

I enjoyed the visit, especially the football chat, and that I think is what they want to achieve.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,021
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Blimey! Just managed to get through to Croydon branch and they're fully booked with appointments until next Tuesday!
    I might leave it a couple of weeks until its calmed down. I just hope Virgin don't withdraw the product in the mean time - does anyone think they might be likely to withdraw it?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,093
    Forumite
    Blimey! Just managed to get through to Croydon branch and they're fully booked with appointments until next Tuesday!
    I might leave it a couple of weeks until its calmed down. I just hope Virgin don't withdraw the product in the mean time - does anyone think they might be likely to withdraw it?

Doubt it, they haven't done before. Until version 13 sees the light of day anyway!
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587
    Forumite
    The central london virgin branch, while open until 6 or 7pm, the latest appointment is 4pm, perhaps they should be clearer what are lounge opening hours and banking hours.
  • Chorley BS has just pulled both of its adult RS accounts, for new applicants.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,021
    Forumite
    How easy is it to get at you money once its matured? I don't live locally - don't mind travelling to open it, or even to withdraw money once its matured, but it might be a while sitting at 0.10% or whatever until I get the chance to travel to a branch unless I can withdraw over the phone or online?
    It'll cost me nothing to travel to a branch (the job I work in affords me free travel), but the time to do so is another matter!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,079
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How easy is it to get at you money once its matured? I don't live locally - don't mind travelling to open it, or even to withdraw money once its matured, but it might be a while sitting at 0.10% or whatever until I get the chance to travel to a branch unless I can withdraw over the phone or online?
    It'll cost me nothing to travel to a branch (the job I work in affords me free travel), but the time to do so is another matter!

Once opened in branch, you can manage by post to head office including withdrawal or closure. They don't have any online access for their branch products.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone managed to you open YBS Monthly Regular Saver i2 if you already have I1

From this link below I could not see any restriction for this
    https://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/product.html?id=YB570465B

thanks
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I undersatnd the previous issue of Halifax Regular saver : No withdrawal. But early closure is allowed.

There is a new REgular saver paying a better interest rate of 2.5%

https://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/accounts/fixed-term/regular-saver/#

Has anyone manged to close the oldRS and open a new one immediately to get a better interest rate ? Thanks
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115
    Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    I undersatnd the previous issue of Halifax Regular saver : No withdrawal. But early closure is allowed.

There is a new REgular saver paying a better interest rate of 2.5%

https://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/accounts/fixed-term/regular-saver/#

Has anyone manged to close the oldRS and open a new one immediately to get a better interest rate ? Thanks
    It has been paying 2.50% for quite some time. I opened one in January 2018 at that rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure