Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 5 March 2018 at 2:13PM
    Options
    Just cancelled Talk Talk installation.

Before this Virgin were charging us £43. New 12 month contract is £19 for nearly the same, step down from 100 meg to 50 meg, which is fine by us, considering we were happy to change to about 17 meg. Not entirely sure that that will happen anyway, they seem to be phasing out lower speeds, 50/50 as to whether they are simply paying lip service to downgrading the speed.

I should say that when we rang them up to check the contract had finished, they offered us the same package without the downgrade for £36 a month.

Pretty disgusting that we actually had to book another company to persuade them to give us a decent deal. And you have to ask how many people would have seen a nearly 20% discount and grabbed it without playing the game.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can confirm that this mornings WB shop compared as expected to M.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • calmspirit
    calmspirit Posts: 2,962 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all xxx

thinking of Di for (tomorrow?)

I've just hit the button and put my house on the market........scared and excited ........ok - terrified!

Big changes ahead....no wine buying for me- I am trying to lose weight!
    YNWA JFT96 :A
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Greenredeem

https://www.greenredeem.co.uk/reward-detail/5-john-lewis-gift-card-48279

We've just made a limited supply of £5 John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards available (05/03/18) - be quick before they're all gone!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sainsburys yesterday I got a till spit for 100 points for buying any size dreamies cat treats - according to mysupermarket they are £1. Also the previous person left me theirs so now I have two :)

Its a pity that on GJ this week they have listed Dreamies but the mega version so its the wrong size :(

Also collected 140 points for Muller white which also seems to be £1 on mysupermarket - don't quite trust mysupermarket so we will see tomorrow
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to confirm that VM working today v M.

Also Freixenet V W.

Tried eggs today as the celebrations appeared on the top shelf at the end of an aisle with 342 banner under the label on SEL. I decided to pay cash as I didn't want to go to CS having used a very large APG. Anyway off the Trout goes to investigate and comes back saying that celebrations weren't in the 3 4 10. So I say it was on the stand that says 3 4 10 and she then says" no, it was the ones below in the offer and not celebrations which were on the shelf above and not included. I insisted that the SEL said 3 4 10 and she replied "well it doesn't now" . The cheeky so and so had only removed the 3 4 10 from the shelf edge. So I had to have a refund.

SnS
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 March 2018 at 3:45PM
    Options
    Another droid payment discount thingy DOMINOOS when paying by Visa Checkout you get £5 off of £15 spend

One of my phones asked for my phone number again for O3, tried to do it and didn't work. Uninstalled and then installed, it then just crashes straight away and keeps doing it until I go into App menu and force stop.

Anyone got any clues?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Another droid payment discount thingy DOMINOOS when paying by Visa Checkout you get £5 off of £15 spend

One of my phones asked for my phone number again for O3, tried to do it and didn't work. Uninstalled and then installed, it then just crashes straight away and keeps doing it until I go into App menu and force stop.

Anyone got any clues?

Are you on an android phone?
    MY OH has also had problems on his Samsung and his just says not working - he did the same, uninstalled, re- installed, still not working.
    I've sent for new simmms which have not come today so fingers crossed for tomorrow otherwise I will have to use one of my full loyalty cards. I am on apple and mine is working fine, fingers and toes crossed
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Greenredeem

https://www.greenredeem.co.uk/reward-detail/5-john-lewis-gift-card-48279

We've just made a limited supply of £5 John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards available (05/03/18) - be quick before they're all gone!

5000 points :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I haven't been on GR for months...... only about a 1000 points short :rotfl:
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.07 £0.09
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.11
    0.21x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.15 £0.15
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Instant Noodles (65g) £0.20 £0.32
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    0.04x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.02 £0.02
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    6x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) £38.88 £30.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Asda Soft White Toastie Thick Sliced (800g) £0.55 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £40.72 £31.99

£11.93 APG - Huge thanks guys :j:j
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing