MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,489
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Still no confirmation from either Octopus or new supplier of c/over date but all tariff details have now vanished from Octopus account so I continue to assume that its today!!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mine are still there, and my switch date is tomorrow. Have also just received an '8 things you should know about Octopus' promo email. But nothing re the switch.
    Not only are Octopus dealing with 90K ex-Iresa customers arriving (and many promptly leaving), but they also have to take on the customers of Future Energy, and, by the end of the month, many new M&S Energy customers who are not staying with SSE. I wouldn't be surprised if they've bitten off more than they can chew.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    Still no confirmation from either Octopus or new supplier of c/over date but all tariff details have now vanished from Octopus account so I continue to assume that its today!!

Changeover went smoothly yesterday, Electricity NW have Bulb as my supplier now.

No change on my Octopus account as yet.
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    Changeover went smoothly yesterday, Electricity NW have Bulb as my supplier now.

No change on my Octopus account as yet.

Thanks beardiedog; have checked my DNO this morning and my supply is now showing Usio instead of Octopus.
    Neither supplier has confirmed switch yet:(
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mine went through yesterday as planned. Heard nothing from wither company but have supplied meter readings to both.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    sam.4000 wrote: »
    Mine went through yesterday as planned. Heard nothing from wither company but have supplied meter readings to both.

There is no need to supply the losing supplier with meter readings which, for transfer purposes, will be ignored. The readings that you gave to the gaining supplier go through independent industry verification. Once verified, the readings have to be used by both suppliers to open and close your accounts.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    Thanks beardiedog; have checked my DNO this morning and my supply is now showing Usio instead of Octopus.
    Neither supplier has confirmed switch yet:(

Bulb confirmed switch yesterday, not heard a dickie bird from Octopus yet.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,583
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It really wouldn't be very difficult for the suppliers (both gaining and losing) to update their online accounts or even send an automated confirmation e-mail when the transfer completes.

They would save themselves from all the hassle of telephone calls, e-mails, SMS etc from frustrated and confused customers who are wondering if it all going wrong.

In general most of their problems are self inflicted by not keeping their customers informed. Most stuff is automated nowadays so it really doesn't need loads of extra staff.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've had an email this morning to confirm switch complete, was expecting this to complete tomorrow, so 1 less day being charged by Octopus. Hopefully I'll get my final bill and credit back quickly, but they still haven't acknowledged my switch.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    I've had an email this morning to confirm switch complete, was expecting this to complete tomorrow, so 1 less day being charged by Octopus. Hopefully I'll get my final bill and credit back quickly, but they still haven't acknowledged my switch.

might take a bit longer for your final bill from octopus,i switched to eversmart on 11th and got this reply to my query regarding final bill

"Your final statement from us is taking a little longer than expected to produce, this is due to the amount of background work that is still being done for all previous Iresa customers. I assure you that as soon as everything is sorted we will get that sent over to you.
    Kind Regards
    Luke"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family