Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• Kevinj
    Kevinj Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 August 2018 at 3:28PM
    Flight back from Alicante delayed due to the plane from Liverpool to Alicante leaving late. The pilot explained that the 3.5 hour delay was due to a passenger causing damage to the plane, although he didn't say exactly what damage the reason is thought to be a fight on board resulted in a plane window being broken I assume before take off at Liverpool airport. Any one know if compensation can be claimed or will Ryan air try to claim security and safety as a get out clause
    KevinJ
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Welcome, please repost on the specific Ryanair thread.
    New personal threads make the board very difficult for everyone to search and navigate.
    They will try but probably not a valid extraordinary circumstance.
    Thanks
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Coach trip?
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    AlexMac wrote: »
    And as I've said a few times (e.g post #8 at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480847&highlight=brittany+ferries )
    there are ways to save on BF:

If you book even three nights accommodation with them (click the 'holidays' button not 'ferry' or whatever on their website) , the ferry crossing price falls so much that in effect, the hotel or cottage is free.
    Also look at Eurocamp - if you book using them the ferry cost is much lower - close to half price! We've got the crossing and a week's accomodation for less than the price of the crossing alone booked direct with Brittany.

You could probably book just 1 or 2 nights with them and get their discounted ferry prices, the crossings dates don't need to tie in with the accomodation dates - we're spending nearly 3 weeks in Spain but only booked accomodation for 1.
  • Does using resolver count as using a third party? Will Ryanair definitely respond to my submission to them via resolver?
    I went all the way through the ryanair form on its website twice and it would not accept my IBAN number as a UK account!! My bank were as baffled as I was. But it meant I couldn't complete the process so used Resolver but after having no holiday at all due to cancellations and no other flights available, I am keen not to be hundreds of pounds out of pocket too.:mad:
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    doddersb wrote: »
    Does using resolver count as using a third party? Will Ryanair definitely respond to my submission to them via resolver?
    I went all the way through the ryanair form on its website twice and it would not accept my IBAN number as a UK account!! My bank were as baffled as I was. But it meant I couldn't complete the process so used Resolver but after having no holiday at all due to cancellations and no other flights available, I am keen not to be hundreds of pounds out of pocket too.:mad:

Resolver is a third party, not direct.

You should put a direct claim in with them first, sometimes thats all you need to do.

You should not be asked for your band account sort code, account number, Iban or Swift numbers as they pay you by cheque!

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • They have sent an email via resolver so assume it’s ok and not the same as other third parties. They did ask for bank details on the official form which was why I got stuck! So presumably they no longer pay by cheque ...
  • Tyzap
    doddersb wrote: »
    They have sent an email via resolver so assume it’s ok and not the same as other third parties. They did ask for bank details on the official form which was why I got stuck! So presumably they no longer pay by cheque ...

Perhaps Resolver is accepted although they do say you should apply directly to them first, allowing 28 days prior to appointing a 3rd party.

I received a cheque from them, not a bank transfer, at end of July after applying directly via their website. The whole claim only took 3 weeks.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Rileybaby
    Rileybaby Posts: 238 Forumite
    Has anyone successfully recovered compensation due to Ryanair’s staff being on strike? I’ve had my first rejection letter. Portugal (Faro) to Manchester flight on 24 July. I have escalated it but think they will do anything to be out of it x
  • Tyzap
    edited 21 August 2018 at 9:25AM
    Rileybaby wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully recovered compensation due to Ryanair’s staff being on strike? I’ve had my first rejection letter. Portugal (Faro) to Manchester flight on 24 July. I have escalated it but think they will do anything to be out of it x

Hi Rileybaby,

They hate these regs and will do anything to get out of paying compensation.

The CAA (UK regulator) says Ryanair must pay compensation for Ryanair staff strikes, Ryanair say they won't.

I suggest you wait until the CAA FORCE them to accept the regulations and then re apply.

Good luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback