NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Options

Comments

• GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Managed my first NSD of the month yesterday! Also despite a ridiculously early start this morning (left house at 5am and won't be back until after 9pm) I made coffee and breakfast and packed my lunch :). So another NSD today - 2/13.

*thriftylass* I'm envious of the mortgage OPs, I have a new mortgage but really need to focus on building up EF/ paying down CC rather than OPs. Especially as I know the summer will be spendy. I'll be starting as soon as possible.

*indigo* hope today is a bit better for you.

Checked bank and reconciled budget (it all matches), we have enough food in for the week and bought the last of the planned house spends on Mon (new blind reduced to a tenner). I did agree to transfer some cash to DH for bills but he will be paying that back (he's s/e so erratic income). Old me would have said 'eh, don't worry about it.' New me has plans for that cash :D
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all :)

Today is NSD #2.

I decided last night to go to Aldi as I'd spent anyway. I ran there and then walked back as a way of getting my excersize in. Lost 1lb at weight watchers yesterday, it is coming off slower now but at least it is coming off. I've lost 19lb now in total, with 11 to go. I'd like this to lose another 4 this month. :j

Also went to the park with the boys & we played tag. I've thought for a while that I don't do enough with our evenings , it tends to be tea, bath, bed. 20 mins at the park really doesn't hurt and I get to some weekly quality time with them :D

My expenses were paid yesterday , so I now have £170 in the budget. & 60 for fuel (hub needed to fill up this morning)

Chicken sandwich for lunch with left over chicken & stuffing. ham toasties for the kids tea (they get a proper meal at nursery) to use up our ham.

I think that's all I've got to report , hope you all have a good day :D:cool:
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    *thriftylass* I'm envious of the mortgage OPs, I have a new mortgage but really need to focus on building up EF/ paying down CC rather than OPs. Especially as I know the summer will be spendy. I'll be starting as soon as possible.

Oh, I'll be starting very small too. 20-100 pounds a month to start with as I too need a EF, xmas money etc. Hopefully next year it'll be more a month. Will be getting £100 cash back once complete. DH want's to go for a nice meal when on holiday, I would just put it towards the mortgage, hey ho.

Lost my SFD yesterday as we needed oil, toothpaste, kitchen roll and washing up liquid. Also found some still in pretty good shape mange tout and radishes for 2p each packet! Never see those kind of reductions often in Tesco.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Glenda
    Another spend day. :/
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How are you today, Indigo? Feeling any better?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Omg7kdebt
    Omg7kdebt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    2/15 NSDs for me this month. Today was a SD day but only a little - bought an expensive treat for my DS (£1.65 for a blinking cookie - I wish he didn!!!8217;t like them as much as he does. I wish I didn!!!8217;t buy them.) but I!!!8217;ve saved money by getting my partner to do a little top up shop on the way home instead of getting it myself so ... ok.
    I!!!8217;ve also managed to get some overtime at work. I hate doing it as they only pay flat rate but I!!!8217;ve since I decided to take control of my debt now, I promised myself I!!!8217;d do whatever they offered. 90 mins a day for 9 working days will add up, anyway.
    Sealed pot challenge #051

Attempting to pay down 7k debt before 2019.
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    How are you today, Indigo? Feeling any better?
    Mentally I am okay. Physically had a migraine and feeling cold. Feel better now so thats good. Thank you for asking :)
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    indigo - glad to hear that you are feeling better now x

Omg7kdebt - hello and welcome :wave: You are #28 this month :) Fantastic to hear that you are taking control of your debt :)

DawnW - nice bonus that the NT gave you a refund :T

Sashanut - great start to the month on the decluttering/ selling/ money-making! :T

GlendaSugarbean - wow! That is a seriously loooooong day you have today :eek: Do you have an easy day tomorrow to make up for it?

laurenh1 - I think that it's so easy as a parent to get caught up in the day-to-day hum-drum of life that taking time out such as you did to play in the park is great - and perhaps more of us could take a leaf from your book (I know that I should:o)

thriftylass - amazing YS bargain radishes and mangetout!:money:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 6 July 2018 at 12:17PM
    Options
    • NSDs - 2
    • Remember others - DD to charity gone out.
    • Pay to your debts or savings FIRST and live off the rest - DONE £60 OP to BTL
    • Set budgets. Food 47.96/475. Fuel 0/65 Gifts 13/30 Toiletries 0/10 Cleaning 1.75/10 DD uni stuff 0/50 Clothes 0/100 Social 16.50/75
    • Use things up Ongoing.
      )
    • Revisit those targets you set back in January.
      My goals from the Jan thread:12 months: debt free (exc BTL mtge) A decent no of jobs completed from our 'to do' list for the house Fitter. Hopefully with 2 children at uni. Pensions sorted. - debt free achieved (exc BTL) some house jobs achieved, and plans for more. Not fitter (probably more unfit:o) Uni = waiting for results day!:eek: Pensions have been revisited and some changes made (will be an ongoing thing)
      5 years & 10 years - some progress made to longer term aims, but not much
    • Vacation time No idea whether we're going on hol in Oct (not booking until after A level results) and no real plans made for summer hols with the kids - must get thinking cap on!
    • Inspire others -
    • Value for money -spends today were lunch out with colleagues and small food shop for lunchboxes.
    • Every day - here :) Am thankful for the weather (again), good colleagues, sat here with a gentle breeze from outside coming in, a fab gift from my boss (quirky)

• Jump - 2 short walks today, that's about it so far
    • Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. - out for a meal with colleagues to celebrate end of exam season tomorrow - should be less than £15 and will take form social budget
    • Lose the excess. Flebay sale on Sunday of an item of DS3's. Have 2 more things to list. Charity bag is filling up ready to donate later in month. Have been through DS1's wardobe and drawers with him - some ragged, some handed down. Will weigh myself tomorrow and at month end.
    • Yearly plans -we are halfway through 2018. If you haven't planned on how to finance Christmas/ birthdays in the second half of the year/ DIY things which need doing (we keep an ongoing list of large and small jobs and try to knock something off it each month)/ any holiday plans you may have - NOW is the time - will make a list of people with bdays and those I need to get Xmas presents for and make a start, even if it is putting money aside.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, today didn't go as planned. Got up early, showered and dressed, walked outside. Heat hit me and I thought "no way can I walk around in this". So we've had a day in. Good news is NSD 3 and the voucher doesn't expire until the end of the month.
    I had to have another lie down this afternoon. Just got up. Himself actually had a nap as well. That's unheard of! This heat really is playing havoc with our sleeping patterns.
    So haven't done much. Just off to make garlic mushrooms and pizza for tea.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure