Hot Joints 2

Options
Buy it cheap here:

** Referrals board only please - Edited by Abuse Controller **

currently retailing a lot more elsewhere and availability seems to be low?

Comments

• raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Is that an affliate link? You should put that in the referrals section.
  • Yes this looks like an affiliate link to me as well.

Joints please read the rules regarding affiliate links and in future declare it as such and post on the referrers board.

Kind Regards

MSE Controller 2
  • Joints
    Joints Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    "Joints please read the rules regarding affiliate links and in future declare it as such and post on the referrers board."

lol, do you know what an affiliate link is?

Here is a link for the same page direct from the site:

http://www7.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=15107

Try for yourself. Oh.. you deleted it..

Affililate means through another site, this is direct or non-affiliate.
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    I must be getting old never heard of any of those artists

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • "Joints please read the rules regarding affiliate links and in future declare it as such and post on the referrers board."

lol, do you know what an affiliate link is?

Here is a link for the same page direct from the site:

http://www7.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=15107

Try for yourself. Oh.. you deleted it..

Affililate means through another site, this is direct or non-affiliate.

What you have, infact, done here is to post a second link that was different from the first. We have the original thread to hand, and as far as we can see, the part of it that says "affid=" followed by a number would mean an affiliate link.

Whether this is a personal gain to you is unclear, however as you haven't chosen to specify where this link is from, or what affiliate it refers to, we have to err on the side of caution and remove it.

Hence, we would appreciate you not taking the tone you did and posting a different link the second time around. If you are unsure what the original link was, i can PM it to you if that would help

Regards,
    Abuse Controller
  • Joints
    Joints Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for my virtual tone, but yes I would like to see this affiliate link. You can PM me. My humble apologies if I was in error. However, if not than I will send you some humble pie with extra cream.

Yours sincerely,

Joints
  • fragster
    Options
    it did indeed contain affid=, remember seeing it myself yesterday
  • crisam
    crisam Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haven't seen how that infamous 1st link appeared, but i too is quite confuse on how to decipher a link which contains aff. id. for self-gain and a link given directly by the site concerned for purpose of an auto discount. such as this particular cd-wow link given by martin himself (no commission at all for this site):

http://www.cd-wow.com/?affid=14024&pp_nr=1  

or is this only a failure for the poster to state the source of the offer?
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    The original link had something like affid=joints then some numbers. It looked specific to the poster, it didn't look like a normal run of the mill link.
  • OK, I don't want this to get out of hand and become something bigger than it is so let's take a second to explain.

The original link was had a affiliate link in. As i pointed out in my post, we were not saying that the poster was necessarily gaining from this, but as it had been posted with no source then we have to treat it as such. Yes, there are 'general' affiliate link where individuals do not gain, and these have been posted before, but our strict rule is that any affiliate link posted outside of the referral area without reference must be treated as a personal gain link and will be dealt with as such.

In this case, the fact the poster changed the initial link after we removed the original post to a non affiliate link and the tone of the post made us suspicious and we took appropriate action.

We make a concession for referrals for personal gain on the referral board only, and Martin is VERY adament that they must only be posted here. We could simply not allow this at all, which frankly is an action we dont want to take as generally people are content with this rule.

I hope this clarifies this, and in all honesty i feel this is something that we all need to be a bit adult about, accept an honest mistake was made and get on with the rule issue of saving money.

Regards,
    Abuse Controller
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family