ARGOS CLEARANCE SALE MARK XIX

Options
This is a continuation of various other threads. Once the thread gets so long that people on dial-up internet have trouble replying to it, it is locked and a new one is started.

The following are the prior incarnations

Thread 18
Thread 17
Thread 16
Thread 15
Thread 14
Thread 13
Thread 12
Thread 11
Thread 10
Thread 9
Thread 8
Thread 7
Thread 6
Thread 5
Thread 4
Thread 3
Thread 2
Thread 1

Keep up the hunting

P.S. And if once in a while someone would do a quick summary of the key bargains and codes it'd be very helpful to newcomers.

All the best

Important Note from Martin to MoneySavingExpert.com newcomers

First of all, welcome. It's important you know this site is completely free to use, independent, unbiased and completely free of advertising. Also a warning. Often MoneySaving is urgent; free flights, product loopholes, short lived credit card offer, mis-pricing of goods are common occurrences.

The best way to take advantage is to sign up to the (free and ad-free of course) Money Tips email which comes out each week, so you hear when something needs acting on quickly. To do so just put your name in the box on the top left of this page. And please do recommend the site to everyone you know. I hope you save some money.

Comments

• divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I wanted to be first ;D ;D ;D

te he he
  • dave_on_the_save
    Options
    And I am not scottish starting the thread 8)

Doh, even missed the first post >:( . darn moderators ;D
    Nice to save.
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I bought a mini disc player for my hubby's birthday in the Argos clearance sale. I bought it about 4 weeks ago and gave to him yesterday as a pressie. When he opened it he found that is is faulty (does not record). I took it back to Argos tonight and was told that its is outside their 16 day returns policy and that I could either have a refund in vouchers or send it back to be repaired.
    Does anyone know my rights re this? Am I not entitled to a full refund (onto credit card) as they sold it to me faulty. Must I accept one of the offered options? I was under the impression that I am entitled to my money back but the manager is adamant that this is not the case?
    I have had a search about the net but can't really find anything to back either me or Argos up on this.
    Very grateful for any help.
    Cheers.
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    ur correct not the manager" sale of goods...not fit 4 purpose entitled to refund"

call argos customer services complain about manager lying to u
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you are entitled to a refund to your card. The 16 day moneyback guarantee is if you change your mind about the purchase and it states your statutory rights are not affected.
    So I think if it is faulty you should get the full refund in cash or to your card.
    :)
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I am aware Rose999 you can claim what is called "loose of a bargain" by that the company would have to pay the difference between what the cost of the cd player would be if you purchase it else where at reasonable cost. I am sure once you mention thsi to Argos you could sort something out.

" The loss of bargain in the case at hand is initially the difference between the normal selling price of the package (not just the camera) and the price at which the contract was made - a difference of some"

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/unsatisfactory.htm

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did have a look at what Martin says re stat rights - perhaps I am reading it incorrectly but as far as I can see, he says that if you don't return it within a week then you lose your right to the refund and can be offered other means of compensation such as credit or repair. Both of these I was offered but I really just want the credit to credit card now.
    Yes - I think I shall ring Customer Services to check it out.
    Thanks! :)
  • scooter100_2
    Options
    panasonic g50 phone reserved at abingdon till end of friday. no longer required. first pm gets the reservation code
    -....-.---.---. ..... .- -.-.
    .--..-...-. -.-...--.-
  • Clairog
    Clairog Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hesjane
    Hi Clairog - r u out there?

You cheque donation to my school charity was received. Many, many thanks - £50k to raise, so less your contribution....only another £49,985 to go!!

Thanks a million
    Hesjane
    Thats great news - thanks again. I looked for your pram today and it came up Home delivery.... but I'm afraid once I tried to order it there were none in stock!!!
    Typical - shame I wanted to return your favour - did you get one in the end?
    Claire :)
    :j Saving Money Is Gemme!:j
  • willis123_2
    Options
    Been watching this thread from the start, and the argos online bargain also.
    I tried to purchase the nike bag and rucksack online but all stores in my area had no stock and was not available for delivery.....so i wrote to them asking why the had items on the website but no stock available. From the reply posted below you can see wales is out of them and other stores have them thats why they were still on the site.

I thought I would share this information with all of you if you fancy a cheap bag, and hope some kind person may be able to pick two pink nike bags up for me maybe at the wood green store. I will of course pay for the p&p many regards.

I can confirm that stock of both these items are available to purchase within Argos. As advised stock is strictly limited so if there are none in your local Argos stores, then further stock is not being received. However I have listed the stores that have this stock (confirmed today at 10.38am) as follows,

Pro Action 25 Litre Enol Rucksack 340/8647
    041 Basildon Westgate Park Manchester Arndale x2
    661 Manchester Arndale x1

Nike Pink Mini Grab Bag 285/9558
    460 Liverpool Paradise Street x2
    423 Watford Charter Place x1
    420 Wood Green x139
    457 Mill Hill x7
    346 Edgware x1
    429 Beckton x2

Once this stock is sold these products will be removed from our website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure