Financial Direct Ltd

Options
Hi. I have been offered a reclaim amount on some PPI from my previous mortgage. The company dealing with it are called Financial Direct Ltd. My claim was not originally started with them. They are not a PPI company. My original claims management company must have passed it on to them. I need to know if Financial Direct Ltd are a legitimate company. They have asked me to pay their solicitor fees before sending my claim money. In the past when claiming back PPI, I have always had they claim money back first, then paid their invoice. I have asked Financial Direct Ltd why their company name doesn't come up on Google, only to be told that I need to Google their company number instead, which I did and their company does then come up. I'm just a little sceptical that if I pay their solicitor fees, I'll be down £400 and will never see my claim money (if it actually exists). Thank you in advance.

Comments

• TrickyDicky101
    TrickyDicky101 Posts: 3,513 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a scam - please don't send them any money.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They have asked me to pay their solicitor fees before sending my claim money.
    Successful PPI refund claims are not paid to the claims company.
    They are paid directly to the claimant, so I don't see how they can have any money to send you.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are not a PPI company.

Which means they are acting unlawfully. CMCs are regulated (now by the FCA). A check of the FCA register shows no match under for Financial Direct Ltd.
    I need to know if Financial Direct Ltd are a legitimate company.
    They are a company but based solely on what you have said and the fact they are not authorised to act in this area, means that they are not acting legitimately. I repeat that we only have what you are saying at this stage.

That is not how the complaints process works. You are never required to send any money to a third party company. Plus, the firm you are complaining about would a) write to you directly first to tell you the outcome of your complaint and b) they would pay you directly.

With the company not being regulated (when they are required to be) and they are asking for money up front and you havent been contacted by the bank/firm in question that is being complained about, then you pretty much have to say that it has all the hallmarks of a scam.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You won't receive any money from this and you'll be down £400.
    It's basically advanced fee fraud.
    I doubt there is even a viable PPI complaint.

What happened with the original complaint which the Claim Company made on your behalf (some time ago)?
  • Pepperpot66
    Options
    Thank you all very much indeed.
    My wife was a bit weary as when we have received a payment before the fees were dealt with before we got our money.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My wife was a bit weary as when we have received a payment before the fees were dealt with before we got our money.

I'm surprised it made her that tired... :)
  • Pepperpot66
    Options
    Ha Ha. Auto correct.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills