Doctors Letter

Has anybody else’s doctor written them a letter to give to an employer or someone similar and this letter has just been on a plan bit of paper with no letter head etc
Today my doctor wrote me a letter to give to my employer, and When I left the doctors and looked at it I noticed it was just a plan letter with the doctors surgery address in the right hand corner etc like the type of letter anyone could have written
I’m not sure what I was expecting but tbh I thought it would be on headed paper, have the nhs logo on it or something. The letter looks like I could have written it and I’m just worried my employer would think the same
(The letter is to say I’m gluten sensitive, currently undergoing further tests but need to move departments at work, basically to get me out of the bakery)

I could be over thinking it but just wanted others opinions. Thanks

Comments

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Letterheaded paper is expensive and in these modern days of email, letters are now rare. It doesn't surprise me at all to hear a GP surgery not having letterhead paper.

As for forging a letter, with virtually every home having a scanner/printer and free editing software, I don't really think anyone would give too much trust to what looks like a "proper" letterhead either. If someone is intent on forging a letter, they can easily do it.

I think it's from a bygone era. A bit like the way (generally speaking) older folk fall for conmen just because they're wearing a smart suit because in the old days, it was the norm to trust someone in a suit, whereas today, anyone can buy one for £50 from a supermarket!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure