Noodle and clearscore what files do they check??

Options
I've just stated checking my credit files just need to know where to start thanks

I'm viewing noodle what file does that check??

I'm just setting up clearscore too is that experian

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Noddle checks Transunion.

Clearances is Equifax.

MSE Credit Club is Experian.

Check that the accounts are yours, that they are reported correctly, and whether there are any negatives you need to be aware of.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Noddle checks Transunion.

Clearances is Equifax.

MSE Credit Club is Experian.

Check that the accounts are yours, that they are reported correctly, and whether there are any negatives you need to be aware of.
    Just to clarify for benmids2019, the Noddle website states that its data comes from Callcredit. Callcredit has been purchased by Transunion but the Callcredit brand is still being used online.

Clearscore is currently reporting data from Equifax but were purchased by Experian last year. It is expected that in due course that Clearscore will switch to reporting data from Experian.

I strongly recommend signing up to the MSE Credit Club to obtain your data from Experian which is the credit reporting agency most widely used by banks and financial agencies.
  • benmids2019
    Options
    Thank you. I've been burying my head in sand for many years and at 32 I'm starting to realise my debts wont go away.

I'm starting to pay my debts off slowly and I've worked out that il be debt free by end of year, worst case scenario end of 2020.

But I've always avoiding checking my credit files. One if my new years resolutions is to be debt free.

I have about 27 different debts and 2 Ccjs but I'm determined to fix things.
  • benmids2019
    Options
    Also a few of those debts was over 6 years ago and debt companies are telling me that the default have dropped off file and not showing.

I've made the decision to pay the these on a reduced settlement am I right thing PS won't make a difference on these debts
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Before you make any settlement offers, you should send each creditor a CCA request, to ensure they have the correct paperwork. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • benmids2019
    Options
    Alot of my debts are with Lowell and already cleared a couple of accounts with PS because not showing on file.
  • benmids2019
    Options
    What's a CCA request
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A CCA is a consumer credit agreement.

But there is nothing that says that it applies to utility accounts as per here:

https://debtcamel.co.uk/ask-cca-agreement-for-debt/

So asking for it and thinking you don’t have to pay it because they can’t show a CCA is a pointless exercise
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    That is a request for a copy of the original credit agreement as per the Consumer Credit Act.

If any of your creditors are not able to respond with a copy of the agreement then the debt may not be enforceable.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/getting-information/credit-agreement-advice.aspx
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family