Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yikes ... I'm continuing to download kindle books in the background, but the new passport has taken 98% of my time .... absolutely astonishing! But I managed to take a photo for myself without banging on a neighbour's door (courtesy of a little tripod and the timer programme on my camera). Have to see now if it passes muster, they might disqualify it as a little fuzzy, though its passed the automated tests.

Cuppa tea is on the boil. I'm going to do the "bike for free" notice, so that the kids going to school tomorrow morning will see it, and thats me done, unless I do something *much* later. Nobody with a job could possibly do all this .... oh, and my EHIC card will also expire before the cruise :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Morning campers! I did the "renovation project - please take it if you want it" notice for the bike about 15 minutes ago :o dishwasher has been on, SB is puttering on in the background for meagre points, and I'm slowly collecting stuff I need to pack for the trip to Merseyside.

Oh my god! I just checked out the window (as you do) and the bike has gone! Brilliant :j as long as they don't bring it back cos its too big a project :rotfl:

Okay, I need to take things a little bit easier toay, so to come there'll be:
    - continuing to pack
    - tidying the house - the porch in particular, since thats where I'll be dumping the stuff coming down to me from Merseyside.
    - back up the computer, nice and easy
    - renew my EHIC
    - cook beans I've had soaking.
    - clean the bathroom - its tiny, but the floor gets really grubby cos thats where I clean up after the garden :p
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Yeay for a quick removal of the bike! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I haven't been able to settle to anything. I'm just here to thank you lovely people for your sympathy and kind wishes. I truly appreciated that you made the effort to write it:A.

Things are still in limbo here as SIL is meeting the Funeral Director today so a date for the funeral hasn't been fixed yet.

Great news about your old bike, KC:T. I love the idea of our unloved items finding a new home and a new lease of life:j. I was once driving past a house with a huge box of books outside bearing a 'please take if you want them' type of notice. They were really old Encyclopaedia Britannicas. I couldn't resist them and spent many happy hours looking up facts from decades ago. Made me realise how much the world, and our view of it, has changed even in my lifetime;).
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on bike :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Thanks both - I'm really surprised it went quite that quickly, but very pleased.

CBC, good to see you - after a couple of hours, I realised you'd take a break as usual. On your behalf, I'm horrified that a funeral date still hasn't been set - that leaves everyone in limbo, just awful. I remember that as a very bad time. I'm really not surprised you haven't felt able to settle to anything :(

I did my list! Packing, tidying, backing up the computer, renewing the EHIC, cooking beans - the one I *haven't* done is cleaning the bathroom :o but I did write a blogpost, got it out there too.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    I was once driving past a house with a huge box of books outside bearing a 'please take if you want them' type of notice. They were really old Encyclopaedia Britannicas. I couldn't resist them and spent many happy hours looking up facts from decades ago. Made me realise how much the world, and our view of it, has changed even in my lifetime;).

I have old reference books for that reason. One contains the line "we haven't been to space yet but..." :T

Often the best way to understand where you are, is to understand the route you took to get here. You do see the same old mindsets being repeated again and again through history though.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Karmacat wrote: »
    On your behalf, I'm horrified that a funeral date still hasn't been set - that leaves everyone in limbo, just awful. I remember that as a very bad time. I'm really not surprised you haven't felt able to settle to anything :(
    Terrible delays where we used to live - especially if you want buried as we've been told they will only dig two graves a day :eek:. In Spain a few days is the norm - no hole to dig though, you go in a hole in the wall :D.

I agree it is very unsettling, hope you get some closure soon CBC.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Your favourite Scottish man is running a competition right now.

I think he's enjoying saying "Aspod" a bit too much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMlUqGTIEI
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Terrible delays where we used to live - especially if you want buried as we've been told they will only dig two graves a day :eek:. In Spain a few days is the norm - no hole to dig though, you go in a hole in the wall :D.

I agree it is very unsettling, hope you get some closure soon CBC.
    And its a tall wall too :eek: my word!
    ZTD wrote: »
    Your favourite Scottish man is running a competition right now.

I think he's enjoying saying "Aspod" a bit too much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMlUqGTIEI
    My Clive :smileyhea thanks Z :smileyhea

I carry aspirin with me, but because of headaches ... if I suspected I was having a heart attack, I doubt I'd be able to get them out of the plastic ...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure