HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    As you have now gone public expect "Amber" any time to help you get a refund. They don't like complaints in public

Keep looking in for her reply.
  • sumaira1
    sumaira1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have a problem with your customer service department as I tried many time to contact with them but no response from your side, so then I choose HDA Insurance.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    sumaira1 wrote: »
    I have a problem with your customer service department as I tried many time to contact with them but no response from your side, so then I choose SPAM Insurance.

More Californian spam
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Hi Deborah Grocock,

My name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry you experienced an error when purchasing your policy online, and then had problems contacting us.

If you could email me your surname, date of birth and postcode via Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk, I can track down your policy and arrange a refund for you today.

Once again I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and I will ask our web team to investigate.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I got an error message asking me to contact the company on their 0845 number.
    Did the message also advise how much the Service Charge for that 0845 number is? If not, that looks like a breach of Ofcom's 'Clear Call Rates for Everyone' regulations that came into force on 1 July 2015.

Additionally, if the 0845 number is still in use after 26 October 2015, that will potentially be a breach of the new financial services customer helplines regulations that come into force on that date. These helplines must thereafter use numbers starting 01, 02, 03 or 080 and not use numbers starting 084, 087 or 09.
  • Hi

I purchased holidaysafe premier multi-trip insurance in July 2016. I went on a weeks holiday in September, unfortunately after 4 days my husbands father died suddenly. I had sent the documentation to holidaysafe on the 8th October, holidaysafe acknowledged receipt of my claim and said they would be in touch by 18-20 working days. I phoned them yesterday 18th November only to be told I was not being paid due to the pre-existing condition of my father-in-law. He died suddenly of a heart attack.... I was also then sent by email a copy of letter dated 13 November. When would I have been told of this if I had not phoned. How do I appeal this decision?
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Hi workaholic38,

My name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry to hear about your Father in Law, and that you were dissatisfied by the service you received from our appointed claims team (Travel Claims Facilities - TCF).

If you could email your details to holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk, I will speak to the Claims Manager on your behalf, to find out what happened here. I can also advise you of the next steps, if you wish to appeal the outcome of your claim.

Once again I am very sorry for any delay or inconvenience caused, and hopefully I can get to the bottom of this for you.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi

I purchased holidaysafe premier multi-trip insurance in July 2016. I went on a weeks holiday in September, unfortunately after 4 days my husbands father died suddenly. I had sent the documentation to holidaysafe on the 8th October, holidaysafe acknowledged receipt of my claim and said they would be in touch by 18-20 working days. I phoned them yesterday 18th November only to be told I was not being paid due to the pre-existing condition of my father-in-law. He died suddenly of a heart attack.... I was also then sent by email a copy of letter dated 13 November. When would I have been told of this if I had not phoned. How do I appeal this decision?

Workaholic the claim may well be covered by the policy.

Could you answer the following questions for us to be able to compare the answers with what the policy covers and the exact wording of the policy.

Roughly which month did you take out the Travel Policy?

When did you book the holiday?

Was your fathers heart attack connected to a pre existing condition eg had he previously had a heart attack or did he have high blood pressure?

The reason I'm asking this as Holiday Safe will be relying on this wording to deny your claim.

"accept that we can only offer to medically screen and extend cover for existing medical conditions to
    our own policyholders so if any of the following people cause you to cancel because of a
    reoccurrence or complication of a medical condition diagnosed prior to booking, you will not be
    covered:
     a travel companion not insured by us;
     a close relative of you or your travel companion;
     a business associate of you or your travel companion."

http://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/b2c/documents/RTWHS40001_14_0215.pdf

Their use of the key words "Reoccurrance or Complication" could work in your favour.

Even if your answers preclude them being liable for your claim it may be possible to make a general complaint about the matter which we can advise you about as the Ombudsman may side with you
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    I purchased holidaysafe premier multi-trip insurance in July 2016. I went on a weeks holiday in September, unfortunately after 4 days my husbands father died suddenly.....He died suddenly of a heart attack....
    You can appeal the decision by way of a formal complaint that the claim has been rejected unfairly if that is your view,

If you are unhappy with their response to the complaint you can then escalate to the FOS for their adjudication.

Bear in mind the insurer will want to be sure the deceased did die unexpectedly - is it possible he did have a condition which his doctor knew about but he kept from you?
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply, I booked our holiday on 22 April 2015 and the travel policy on 2nd July 2015. Travel date 10 September 2015. I have sent details to reply from HolidaySafe, will keep you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure