Faster Payments Down

123457»

Comments

• lost a whole afternoon trying to pay off my CC thanks to this. Banks not talking to each other tried to pass the blame :mad: and make out it was my fault.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • JosephK
    JosephK Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    After being told :-
    a) Don't make repeat payment (Friday)
    b) Problem sorted, payment will happen as backlog cleared (Sat)
    nothing further heard except for apparently contrasting rumours on Twitter, which I don't use.

Would, logically, expect info about online banking problems to be on website but this was not so.

As payment did not go through, rechecked with bank and confirmed those that haven't gone will not go, so have initiated payment again.

OK it's sorted but, in common with too many large organisations these days, poor communication by Lloyds. They do all need to improve. Back to basics - Lesson 1, Take two empty tin cans and a length of string
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    eskbanker wrote: »
    If you log a complaint with Lloyds (or any other bank) then it won't be shared with any other body, unless the complainant chooses to escalate it to the Financial Ombudsman Service if the bank fails to deal with it adequately within their published timescale (typically eight weeks).?

Funnily enough, now I have the letter that's exactly what they're saying (it's six months not eight weeks in this case) - but isn't what they said on the phone, and the letter contains no details of the complaint only that they've resolved it (which to be fair - they have)

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Funnily enough, now I have the letter that's exactly what they're saying (it's six months not eight weeks in this case) - but isn't what they said on the phone, and the letter contains no details of the complaint only that they've resolved it (which to be fair - they have)
    I don't think you're comparing like with like - Lloyds have eight weeks to resolve your complaint, but if they fail to do so then you have a further six months after that within which to escalate it to FOS.
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    i guess you're right :-)

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure