Excess Claim

Options
I rented a car from Centauro, Alicante, an literally used it about 3 times in the week. To / from the villa and 2 supermarket trips. It was parked in a secure, gated driveway.

As far as I'm aware, I returned the car undamaged, but it I had to leave the keys in the dropbox at the airport as it was 6am and prior to office opening hours.

Imagine my dismay a week later to see £484 deducted from my credit card. I contacted Centauro who sent photos of scratches on the wing of a black coloured car (but nothing to confirm it was actually the car I returned)

To cut a long story short, they kept the £484, but returned the £1000 excess.

I have excess insurance with carhirexcess.com

Can I make a claim for the £484?

Thanks
Simon

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    I had a similar incident a few months go. Basicalky being billed for damage I hadn't done. So I sympathise with your position.

On pick up I had taken photos of all possible areas of damage. In the end the company cancelled any claim against me.

Did you have any photos at pick up and return that prove the damage wasnt your responsibility? Secondly if you have excess indurance take it up with them and let them fight the case on your behalf. That is why you have the cover. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure