IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice Please - NCP & DRP (Scotland)

124»

Comments

• Hi ,

wonder if you can put my mind at rest, only just got my first DRP letter and felt instantly sick! They mention supreme court thing too. But upon searching for other Scottish ones I came across your thread. how did it proceed? Should I just calm the !!!! down? thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    just calm the !!!! down
    You just saved me typing that out!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi ,

wonder if you can put my mind at rest, only just got my first DRP letter and felt instantly sick! They mention supreme court thing too. But upon searching for other Scottish ones I came across your thread. how did it proceed? Should I just calm the !!!! down? thanks

Should I just calm the !!!! down?

yes ,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi ,

SUPREME COURT!!!!!

There did that make you feel sick?

No of course it didn't and neither should letters from Muppets like Debt Recovery Plus, or the other desk in their office Zenith that can't do anything but send silly letters.

But you would have known this had you read the newbies start here thread.
  • davyk
    davyk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Update...

I have not had a letter from any of these numpties since october 2016..

cheers for helping me relax and see this for the scam it is
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    In theory, they have 5 years (in Scotland) to pursue you through the courts.

In practice.... ain't gonna happen.
  • Did anything else ever come from this after them sending letters about court etc?

I received a parking charge from Britania parking which was then passed onto DRP, i have ignored every letter because thats what i have been advised to do but the letter i received today says they will send it back to their client and “recommend” they take me to court! Do i just ignore this like the other letters?

Im worried!

• Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Ashxxx wrote: »
    Did anything else ever come from this after them sending letters about court etc?

I received a parking charge from Britania parking which was then passed onto DRP, i have ignored every letter because thats what i have been advised to do but the letter i received today says they will send it back to their client and “recommend” they take me to court! Do i just ignore this like the other letters?

Im worried!

Keep ignoring.

If you have ignored everything up to now they still haven't a clue as to who the driver was - only the registered keeper.

AFAIK up till now no keeper in Scotland has been taken to court for a private parking invoice - where the driver was unknown..

This is pretty much the last letter you'll receive as they are on the verge of giving up on you.

Do NOT reply to anything except a genuine court summons.

In the odd chance (pigs will fly) that they do try to serve genuine court papers on you the keeper, come back here and there will be plenty people able to give advice as to how to make them look very stupid indeed.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 November 2018 at 6:56PM
    Ashxxx wrote: »
    Did anything else ever come from this after them sending letters about court etc?

Im worried!

Why be worried with imbeciles like DRP floating around.
    These dreamers are just kids trying to act in an adult world IGNORE

Of course they will send it back to the PPC .... DRP FAILED

This is standard DRP rubbish .... "recommend they will take you to court" ???? powerless dreamers still living in the clouds

And that should be the last letter from DRP ... because they are powerless to do anything
  • Thanks guys. So even if they have a picture of my car entering and leaving the car park I should still ignore?? It doesnt show me in the car though.

Also is me who asked the question earlier, i just had to change my username as wouldnt let me log in on old one lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure