Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    kathrynha wrote: »
    You are so lucky. Before being ill and drugs effecting them I quite frequently managed to have period pains and hot flushes at the same time.

These days with the drugs some months I think Niagara Falls has less flow!

Once the cancer is all sorted I will go on the waiting list to get that stuff sorted out.

I am lucky i agree:D
    Yes deal with one thing at a time xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2018 at 10:19PM
    Lovely loss, lush! You’ve done well too, esmy, Midge and BarleySugar.

I like to use my syns for bready stuff or a wee biscuit or butter. Occasionally I have a wee bit of chocolate or sweets.

Fingers crossed for the right outcome for you, Sunshine! BTW, OH arrived when his mother was 50! DD is expecting a little surprise in March – she’s 41 and thought it was the change. For me, I skated through the change; I didn’t know it had actually happened (things just gradually spaced out a bit more) until the doctor confirmed it when I was 55. I never had a flush but I once had hot hands.

Well, I went out for lunch today and I bet you’re all waiting with baited breath to find out if I stayed with my bacon steak or succumbed to some other tasty treat. Well I’m sorry, guys, I didn’t get the bacon steak – the menu was different, no risotto there either! Mostly it was pie or creamy or battered or cheesy. I was totally vexed. In the end I chose South Indian garlic chilli chicken with rice and naan. You’ll be pleased that I didn’t eat the naan, even although I love it. And I didn’t have anything else either. I could feel you lot watching me like hawks. Thanks for coming with me, beanie and maman. No idea of syns.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs on 1 wee slice of toast (3) with 3g butter (1) – weighed toast before and after adding butter
    Dinner: hexb sandwich spread with mustard and filled with pulled beef, an orange, WW toffee apple yogurt
    Snack later will be hexa cheese and grapes , as usual

Roll on tomorrow.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    OMG Greentiger.....baby at 50 and 41... there is something in your genetics.

When we were walking I told OH that if I had not xxx by Monday I would go to the doctors for a test (that is what you did way back in my day)... he then suggested that I may be on the menopause. I think my game of winding him maybe over!

Well done on the losses.

James Smith's video about menstration is interesting
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fingers crossed for the result you want sunshinemummy . I know what I'd want.;)

Sorry if beanie and I intruded by sitting on your shoulder greentiger at lunchtime. I'd just try to keep syns low until WI to play safe. :)

I'm calling tonight 30 syns. I've had wine and succumbed to half a cracker with Stilton (DH is manfully polishing off Christmas stuff).

Now made a cuppa to distract me while I watch the pain (6 of our players :eek:) of the Liverpool v Everton game.

P.S. Not seen topgirl since she went on maternity leave. Hope all OK?
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all,

-2lbs for me but feeling like Mr blobby today, clothes too tight. Oh well, nobody to blame but myself!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Out for dinner today so guessing syns!

Breakfast: porridge (HEA and HEB)
    Lunch: chicken, mixed salad, 1.5 tbsp blue cheese dressing (5 syns)
    Dinner: chicken nasi goreng (guessing 10 syns for oil as other ingredients should all be free)
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi all
    Sorry I keep going AWOL, my IBS is flaring at the moment. Had a bit of a manic day after getting some unexpected good news (will explain on Sunday) so haven’t eaten all that well!
    Today’s food
    B: Raspberries, Light and Free yoghurt and choc shot (2) Alpro choc soya drink (HEXA plus 1.5)
    Lunch: HEXB HiFi x 2, French Fries (4.5) apple x 2
    Tea: Salt and pepper chicken, ‘Nando’s’ spicy rice from Pinch of Nom, salad. Fab lolly (4)water
    Supper: Dairy Milk little bar (5) water
    Syns: 17
    Night all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Morning and a happy weekend to you all.

Hello to all the new SW gang, if you stick around here you will do well. Good luck!

Well this morning I’m very happy to report minus 4 lbs this week. :j

I’ve been mostly on plan but there have been indulgences (4 mince pies in a row that my niece made:o) and also uncontrolled hospital food after an operation during the week (waaaay off plan!). Ooh and a large bar of the co op sea salted butterscotch chocolate :o

Somehow I’ve managed to lose well despite this. I have really upped my water intake this week and it makes me remember how much this helps.

What else has helped? Not going shopping til I’ve cleared what I have in stock. This has meant three sensible meals, not much snacking and being creative in a SW way. I think I will have to go shopping tomorrow though. Today’s menu is...

Breakfast - porridge with sultanas, honey and cinnamon
    Lunch - home made lentil soup
    Dinner - felafal burgers 2.5 syns each with SW chips, tomatoes and asparagus
    Snacks - pineapple
    Options hot chocolate drink

Syns - honey 2, felafel burgers 5, hot choc 3
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Hi everyone, Rejoined class this morning and starting afresh so nothing to report until next week.

Plan for today is:
    B: scrambled egg, tomato and kings mill thin (HEB)
    L: subway salad with syns for dressing
    D: Iceland SW meal

Still to go to Iceland so not sure what dinner will be. Have a good day x
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • Hi all

First weekend on plan; I always find weekends the hardest. I was absolutely ravenous this morning so I started with a cold chicken breast (baked in the oven last night). Other than that, today's plan is:

B - Baked oats (in the oven now) 1 Syn for 1 tsp sugar with blueberries and grapes
    L - Omelette with ham and a light sprinkle of cheese. Probably have that with oven roasted veg
    D - SW Syn free burger with oven roasted sweet potatoes and other veg.

HEA - milk & cheese
    HEB - Oats

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills