Cancelling Virgin Media

I currently have broadband with Virgin Media. I am outside any contract as have had it for a long time. I am at the end of a house move at the moment, we haven’t got an exchange/completion day yet but both are expected to be completed by the end of next week.

I no longer want Virgin at the new address so will be cancelling Virgin, however I have read I need to give them 30 days notice. I can’t do this as I don’t yet know the exact date of completion yet but I don’t want to be without the services until the day I move.

Do I really need to give 30 days notice or is that just if I am in contract? I was hoping to be able to ring them and say I want to cancel on day xyz. Is this possible?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    ncrawley wrote: »
    Do I really need to give 30 days notice or is that just if I am in contract?
    You remain in a thirty day rolling contract, only your original minimum term has ended.

Just give them thirty days notice and risk being without their services for a (short) period.
  • 5lugger
    5lugger Posts: 41
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes - you'll need to give 30 days notice. I did early today ! Seem to recall there was a separate option for customers moving who did not iwsh to have Virgin in their new home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure