eToro help

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this isn't the correct place for this post but here goes...

At approximately 15:54 GMT Tuesday 6 March, a stop loss was triggered on a Berkshire Hathaway position I had opened. The stop loss triggered at around $198.

When I check the candlesticks on the eToro system I clearly shows a massive downward wick below the body but this looks completely out of place and line with the channel the price had remained within. In short, it stands out like a sore thumb.

I have tried to find volume indicators on their website to disprove their suggestion this is genuine. Can someone please check this on any other software which is better to see if it was unique to eToro or if this was a genuine market move.

I am new to this trading/gambling thing so please excuse if I have used the wrong terminology. If I am wrong and it is accurate, I'll hold my hands up but at the moment it looks like a glitch.

Please help!!

Comments

• Drp8713
    Drp8713 Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You are trading with a company share that opitimises long term buy and hold investing. Odd choice.

Why dont you just buy BRKB shares and hold them for 30 years rather than gambling?
  • Samson81
    Samson81 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Each to their own
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    That's called "Stop Loss Hunting" and the Spread Bet companies are famous for doing it.
    As their prices are "indicative" they can price it how ever they want to.
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Todays low seems to have been $203.03...

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/brk-b
  • Samson81
    Samson81 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Theta101 wrote: »
    That's called "Stop Loss Hunting" and the Spread Bet companies are famous for doing it.
    As their prices are "indicative" they can price it how ever they want to.

Yeah, I think have supplied them with evidence of their exploits through a chart with a massive down wick which is completely out of line with what went before and after. I am awaiting a response. If they were stop hunting then it should be easy enough to prove because the same candlestick won't be on other sites or spread betting providers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure