Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Boxman
    Boxman Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    See they have created an electricity statement to 30th November using a "routine meter reading" (whatever that means) for that date. Pity I switched supplier from them effective from the 5th October though.

Still no final bill or refund of the £170 or so credit on my account with them on the switching date or response to my many requests for repayment. Reported to the Ombudsman now.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They must be holding a frightening amount of customer credits at this time as more and more are finishing their 1 year fixes !!
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was prompted by MSE Energy Club to do a comparison. In the results list Iresa were quite near the top of the cheapest suppliers but MSE are warning customers to beware of Iresa :eek:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Anyone else received no credit interest on balance for November? I have got October December & all other months.

I have raised a support ticket.
    Nov interest added to my daughter's account today along with Dec's short bill.
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    Blackdog wrote: »
    Iresa didn't use my gas meter reading for September for some reason so the last calculation for gas used was end of August. This means my gas credit is building up however they are paying interest on it. It's annoying that it isn't working as it would be a great system if you could know exactly where you stood with your account every month. Electricity account seems to be fine (touch wood). My electricity account is consistently in credit and I suspect my gas account will be in debit once they have caught up with their billing calculations. Does anyone have any experience of how Iresa deals with this, do they transfer some of the electricity credit to the gas account? I have never had a supplier before who splits the direct debit between electricity and gas so would be interested to know how Iresa reconcile it.
    Just an update on this - my November and December meter readings for gas haven't shown on my account but electricity is still ok. They did use my October gas reading so I am now up to date until then. I would still be interested to hear if anyone has experience of Iresa transferring electric credit to gas. Support ticket has been raised for missing gas meter readings.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:01PM
    Options
    fewkeste wrote: »
    I was prompted by MSE Energy Club to do a comparison. In the results list Iresa were quite near the top of the cheapest suppliers but MSE are warning customers to beware of Iresa :eek:

Isn't is just a reflection of what is posted on this site, and perhaps this thread in particular???
    WARNING: We'd be very cautious switching to this supplier. Recently, we've seen a high volume of reports from users who've been unhappy with Iresa's customer service, with many struggling to contact the supplier and get their issues resolved.
    Unfortunately, quite a few of the cheapest suppliers for me either have a warning against them, or are said to have too little feedback.

Interestingly, most of these suppliers don't pay commission to the MSE site either. :cool:

These are shown as the cheapest electricity suppliers for me (excluding cashback) in order
    Solarplicity - Warning
    Iresa Limited - Warning
    Together Energy Limited - Limited feedback – 33% Poor
    Powershop
    - Not enough feedback yet
    Peterborough Energy - This is one of a new breed of small suppliers that are so new we don't have any feedback yet
    OneSelect - Limited feedback – 25% Poor
    Bristol Energy - the first supplier which it would appear MSE have no worriues about. Only trouble is they would cost me over 20% more than the cheapest supplier :eek:
    Despite the warning, and the expressed feedback by many here (especially all the newbies, or those that have come out of the woodwork after many years of silence :cool:), what is not mentioned but is confirmed by this thread is the large number of customers who have not only stuck with the supplier through all these supposed issues (despite no early exit fees to worry about), but are now renewing their contracts for another year.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:14PM
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    The lastest statement purposrts to be for the period 01 Oct 2017 - 30 Nov 2017, but closer inspection shows it only charges for electricity for period 01 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017, (including standing charges only for that period), but does include the payment I made via DD in November

So I now have an above average credit showing for 30 Nov, so hopefully when I will get 4% interest on this balance they indicate. :money:

All my meter readings, which I endeavour to provide on the last day of the month, are all showing on my online account (under meter readings), so presumably approved ... it just seems no one has been charged yet for their consumption in November.

Interesting the comments made by others here.

Because for me, Iresa have only the meter readings I submit at the end of the month. No estimated readings showing on my account.

Also no change to the billing - it still is the one that purports to be until end of Nov, but does not include the consumption for Nov. So the credit still is the same on the billing page.

No bill for December yet, but Iresa normally aim to issue bills on the 10th of the following month, so no surprise there for me either.
    (It may get "interesting" when I get that bill, as there is currently an issue on the transactions page which I have alerted the supplier to. We'll see :)
    Issue relates to a type of double billing that one other poster has reported here)
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:34PM
    Options
    Boxman wrote: »
    See they have created an electricity statement to 30th November using a "routine meter reading" (whatever that means) for that date. Pity I switched supplier from them effective from the 5th October though.

Still no final bill or refund of the £170 or so credit on my account with them on the switching date or response to my many requests for repayment. Reported to the Ombudsman now.

It would appear you are the odd one out here, as I think everyone else has received a bill for end of November by now (even if that bill does not include November's consumption)

Perhaps because you are no longer supplied by this supplier, is the reason for the dealy?
    In any event, suppliers are supposed to issue a final bill within 6 weeks of leaving.
    So if you left 05 Oct, then that 6 weeks is well past, so I suggest you raise a complaint in line with the suppliers compliant procedure :)

Edit: Oh I see you have already raised a complaint according to your post of 15-12-2017
    You presumably are aware, from the suppliers own complaint procedure if not elsewhere, that you can ask the ombudsman to assist you if you do not have a satisfactory response/resolution after 8 weeks of filing that complaint. :)

You also say you have already gone to the ombudsman, that that would appear a bit previous to me based on the date you said you switched. :(
    (That could delay matters still longer)

I think the Energy Ombudsman is a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
    I filed a complaint with the EO early October. I received confirmation the complaint status was raised by the EO to "Ready for investigation" early Nov. And that is where it still is today.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lo and behold my interest for November has returned on my account and is more than it was before, on par with the other months. Also charges for 21st to 31st December using an estimated reading for 31st. Looks like things are being juggled around a bit but looks as though it's being corrected and wouldn't dispute the charges etc. that are on there.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    It would appear you are the odd one out here, as I think everyone else has received a bill for end of November by now (even if that bill does not include November's consumption)

Perhaps because you are no longer supplied by this supplier, is the reason for the dealy?
    In any event, suppliers are supposed to issue a final bill within 6 weeks of leaving.
    So if you left 05 Oct, then that 6 weeks is well past, so I suggest you raise a complaint in line with the suppliers compliant procedure :)

Edit: Oh I see you have already raised a complaint according to your post of 15-12-2017
    You presumably are aware, from the suppliers own complaint procedure if not elsewhere, that you can ask the ombudsman to assist you if you do not have a satisfactory response/resolution after 8 weeks of filing that complaint. :)

You also say you have already gone to the ombudsman, that that would appear a bit previous to me based on the date you said you switched. :(
    (That could delay matters still longer)

I think the Energy Ombudsman is a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
    I filed a complaint with the EO early October. I received confirmation the complaint status was raised by the EO to "Ready for investigation" early Nov. And that is where it still is today.

I have received no Gas and Electric Bills for October, November and of course December. I have told them about two weeks ago via facebook and I was told it would be passed onto Finance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure