Millionaire Challenge

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Kay - those are really fab. I hope they sell for you.

Are you doing any Halloween specials.

I've had a funny couple of days - been very tired so have just pottered about. I'm just back from food shopping and spent some time browsing round TK Max, getting ideas for Christmas. I was very frugal today:D

I didn't finish my paperwork and money sort out. Sod it, it can wait until I'm in the mood, especially the tax man. They are soon there with their hand out. Pity they are not as quick with the refunds.;)
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Wow those are amazing - great gifts for Christmas!

I have a question, how do you go about getting a Mentor?

I was considering switching my NISA but now I am considering switching all of my accounts as NISA's Interest rates are lower than High Interest accounts. I seem to be failing at the first hurdle and I can't get my head around it :(
  • ElleWoods
    ElleWoods Posts: 421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Kaya They're gorgeous! No wonder you have lots of orders. :)

I've come up with another website idea but not sure if it's something I would be able to monitise or not. I'm ill with a nasty cold at the moment, so going to get on with it over the next few days while I recover.

Hope everyone has had a decent weekend.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Kitty - hope you feel better soon.

Well last week was not very productive. I felt really quite poorly some days so really didn't achieve much at all.

I did catch up on some financial bits and pieces and am just about to knuckle down and do our tax returns and catch up on the last few bits and pieces of paperwork and then clear the downstairs of clutter ready for the joiner tomorrow. It will be so nice to have skirting boards:rotfl:

Then a quick schlepp round to finish a basic decorating job and finally get some carpets down. At least we got the new boiler fitted last week - just in the nick of time the weather is horrible here today.

Right time to tackle that tax return. :eek:

Have a good week - make lots of money.......
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Kayalana99 wrote: »
    These are also the frames that I spent weeks pulling my hair out over cause I couldn't find a supplier.

On the frames, are they wood? I'm no woodworker, but I know you can buy strips of ready-profiled wood, could you buy it in strips, get a mitre saw and make them from scratch? It might work out cheaper and you could make any size you wanted. Might also not be worth the time it takes, of course.
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    It did cross my mind originally but I'm not that crafty, my partner maybe would of been able but he doesn't have the time.

Honestly I am not carrying on with them, I just don't have the time.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Kay the frames look great! It's a shame you wont be doing the wine glasses, those sell really well on facebook.

I have been wondering about passive income since somebody mentioned it on here, I was on another forum and they mentioned tutorials online and how he is not an expert but is making good money off an apple tutorial of all things, on this site https://www.udemy.com/courses/

I am seriously thinking of doing something like this as I am a qualified hair and make up artist and have other things I can do.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Kayalana99
    edited 7 October 2014 at 9:24AM
    GRR I just wanted a rant. I messaged my supplier of my main selling product as his website sells them at 20p, and eBay is 17p..so I thought if I pay direct I could perhaps get them cheaper (ebay and paypal fees work out about 12% so would make them less then 16p)

He replied this morning, unf we can no longer offer them at that price and these are our new prices...eBAy has been raised to 20p + pp and they want me to order 10,000!!! to get them at the price of 17.5p... so not even cheaper then I was paying originally.

I feel like the price has been raised because of me lol.... (FYI I order these in 1000 so 3p is £30 per lot.

ETA: They also sell lots of 500 on eBay it's now cheaper to buy 2 lots of them then 1 lot of 1000...so basically yea.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Argh! Thats bad news :( sorry to hear it.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Kayalana99
    edited 7 October 2014 at 9:23AM
    It's fine I've already found another supplier, their loss. Just can't believe some people he has only changed my listing, the rest of them are the same price...he even has another listing exactly the same at £176 (so £2 cheaper then what I was paying) instead of the now £208 he is priced at.

+ didn't even offer me a discount coming direct just bulk prices.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback