New Enterprise Allowance scheme - My story

Comments

• Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me the frequency of the payments as I got £65 put into my account last week but nothing yet this week. Is it weekly fortnightly or monthly payments?
  • FGdsa21
    FGdsa21 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi sure it was weekly when I received it, usually thurs/friday
  • Jagfan
    Jagfan Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi, new to this thread so sorry if I've missed this info as I've quickly read through it. My son is trying to start a market garden business and is receiving NEA. He has been told by his benefit advisor that he has to disclose any earnings/profits monthly which will be deducted from his payments. This doesn't sound right as, therefore, he cannot re invest that money into buying new seeds, compost etc. Has anyone else run into this problem or is it yet another advisor who lacks enough knowledge? Thanks
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Can anybody help with this question please?

Can somebody apply for NEA if they are getting income support because they were a carer?

I dont quite understand this bit......

Starting your own business
    You could get mentoring and a grant to help you start your own business through New Enterprise Allowance.

You may be eligible if youre over 18 and either:

you or your partner get Universal Credit, Jobseekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
    you get Income Support and you!!!8217;re a lone parent, sick or disabled

-

So if somebody is not a jobseeker, or uc or support or employment allowance, then can they apply for NEA if they are getting income support because of caring for somebody?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    AG47 wrote: »
    Can anybody help with this question please?

Can somebody apply for NEA if they are getting income support because they were a carer?

I dont quite understand this bit......

Starting your own business
    You could get mentoring and a grant to help you start your own business through New Enterprise Allowance.

You may be eligible if youre over 18 and either:

you or your partner get Universal Credit, Jobseekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
    you get Income Support and you!!!8217;re a lone parent, sick or disabled

-

So if somebody is not a jobseeker, or uc or support or employment allowance, then can they apply for NEA if they are getting income support because of caring for somebody?
    Are you asking for yourself or someone else? Yesterday you were asking about claiming JSA......
  • AG47
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Are you asking for yourself or someone else? Yesterday you were asking about claiming JSA......

It's for someone else
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    AG47 wrote: »
    It's for someone else
    Oh, i see...
  • AG47
    Does anybody know about the loan for starting nea?

It's upto £25k now, but does it depend on your credit report?

It used to be anybody could get a loan of a few thousand even if you had bad credit, as long as your business plan was excellent

Who provides the loan? Does it now depend on good credit score?

Somebody said very few get turned down for the loan these days
  • AG47
    I don't have any other outstanding debts, but my credit report is not good.

My business depends on me getting this loan, if they turn me down I can't start at all.

What are the chances I will be turned down on the loan, my business plan looks excellent and I can definitely pay the loan back.

I just read this......

"
    Will you run a credit check?
    We ask you to obtain a copy of your credit file which you can get for £2 from http://www.wiseconsumer.uk.experian.com and send it to us with your application, however if you have existing bad credit this will not necessarily impact the success of your application. We will ask you to complete a Self-Declaration Form (.pdf) and the information you provide will be compared with the copy of your credit file that you provide us. We cannot guarantee your loan but as long as the details from the credit file match those on your form we can proceed to discuss any existing bad credit with you. We value honesty from our applicants when completing the Self-Declaration Form, though we do understand in some cases you might not be aware of your outstanding debt. If we have concerns over the level of debt you are in, or if your Self-Declaration Form does not match your credit check, we will discuss this with you first before making a decision on your application.?
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Your credit report will include details on all current accounts, credit cards, overdrafts, CCJs (County Court Judgements), IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements), as well as some monthly household and personal bills. Please include all outstanding balances on accounts and regular payments in the Self-Declaration form whether they are in credit or default. If there are any discrepancies between the information you provide on the Self-Declaration Form and the credit check this will delay your loan being processed by up to a week.
  • AG47
    From what I understand if it's under £5k then it's very likely you get it, but for £5-£25 it's much harder.

-

If I’m an NEA participant, how much money can I apply for?
    NEA participants may apply for a Start Up Loan between £500 and £25,000 using their signed-off NEA Business Plan. However, it is important to note that completing the DWP NEA Mentoring Scheme does not mean you will automatically receive a Start Up Loan.
    Start Up Loans over £5,000 have a different assessment criteria. You will still be able to use your NEA Business Plan however you may be required to update it with further information. We recommend you consult with your NEA Mentoring Provider first to get more information about the right approach for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport