Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yorkshirecath
    • By yorkshirecath 5th Nov 19, 10:02 AM
    • 422Posts
    • 793Thanks
    yorkshirecath
    Bodged roof job
    • 5th Nov 19, 10:02 AM
    Bodged roof job 5th Nov 19 at 10:02 AM
    Not sure what to do really here.
    Basically we've used a guy for a few jobs on our house over the years and he's done a good job. We had a complete new roof a few years ago and he did a grand job (he's a roofer by trade). Not sure how we found him, think he was working on another property locally.
    So we needed a new dorma roof as had had it for 15yrs, he quoted us a decent price so we went ahead and had it done. two days later the day we went on holiday for a week i noticed water coming in around the window. As we were going away he came around while we were out and said he thought he'd fixed it. Came back from holiday to find it was still puthering in.
    He came and took the whole top off again (was a rubber type roof rather than felt?) and said water was getting in from the back, travelling under the new roof along the old roof structure and finding it's way out at the other end near the window. He spend all day up there putting it right, the only thing he had to finish was gluing it down??? But he'd protected it from the rain. Water is still coming in. He's here now covering it cause it's raining and is going to glue it tomorrow when it's supposed to be dry.
    When do i say enough is enough?
    Am i entitled to a refund?
    I only know him as Steve and have his telephone details and bank details, don't know where he lives.
    We paid in via BT as builders usually want cash these days. Bank are unable to help obviously.
    Thanks
    Cath x
    November wins: 2 Tickets to Classic Car Show @ NEC
    December wins: Top Gear goodies
    January wins: Auto Performance car show tickets
Page 1
    • yorkshirecath
    • By yorkshirecath 5th Nov 19, 10:03 AM
    • 422 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    yorkshirecath
    • 5th Nov 19, 10:03 AM
    • 5th Nov 19, 10:03 AM
    ETA.... the water coming in has also caused a plaster board panel on the ceiling to warp and it caused my TV on the wall to fall off leaving a hole in the wall!
    Cath x
    • yorkshirecath
    • By yorkshirecath 7th Nov 19, 7:47 AM
    • 422 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    yorkshirecath
    • 7th Nov 19, 7:47 AM
    • 7th Nov 19, 7:47 AM
    Anyone any advice?
    Cath x
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 7th Nov 19, 4:53 PM
    • 12,389 Posts
    • 10,989 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 7th Nov 19, 4:53 PM
    • 7th Nov 19, 4:53 PM
    Unless you have a full name and address for him, you cannot pursue him through courts for your money. Has he been back to do any more ork since you first posted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

277Posts Today

2,170Users online

Martin's Twitter