PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• We've just had carrot pottage for lunch HWK had a ham sandwich with his and I had some rye crispbreads with marmite with mine. Supper tonight will be meat loaf with mashed potatoes and greens and we'll have our usual cup of coffee to finish.
  • Roast chicken for us tonight - with roasties, carrots, savoy cabbage, green beans from the garden, stuffing and gravy. A YS raspberry bakewell tart for pud.
  • Butternut squash and chickpea curry for us tonight, I'll have green beans with mine, the others will have oven chips.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am about to serve up some beef, onions, mushrooms and red peppers which have been simmering all day in red wine and fresh herbs in the slow cooker. To be served with cauliflower cheese, carrots, courgettes and some mashed potato.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    We had a shepherdless pie (made with soya mince since OH is veggie) and I used a mix of sweet and white potatoes for the mash with a couple of teaspoons of wholegain mustard. I must confess to using tinned peas / carrots and a packet sauce I'd bought as I just wanted something easy to make but it was yummy. Plenty left for tomorrow too.

Have been using up some ghee in cooking which I'd bought and wasn't 100% keen on initially but I'm getting used to it and finding the high smoking point is great for frying off onions and veg. So think it will get used rather than binned / given away as it nearly did. Only been using it as I'm out of veg oil, isn't it funny how stuff you were prepared to not use, suddenly comes into its own when you really need to use it.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Tonight is a chicken in a bag, extra tasty, that can go on whilst im out with the dog, so can the washing machine! Served with potatoes of some sort, turnip, peas and lashings of gravy. Same tomorrow night, super busy audit day tomorrow so need to be super organised. Ham and poached egg on toast for lunch. Oh theres hm apple crumble too from the parentals due to windfalls. Later in the week its mince of some sort.
  • Lunch today was home made scotch apples (a big apple ring stuffed with cheese, wrapped in sausage meat and oven baked) and bits from the fridge so olives, baby plum tomatoes, cold new potatoes, a slice of cheese and some pickled onions, was yummy!

Supper tonight will be meatloaf I made yesterday with mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots and gravy followed by a cup of black coffee.
  • Had plaice with brown butter & caper sauce with steamed haricots vert and potatoes as its what I’d planned after getting back from my long weekend in Paris.

Have had my taste for French food well and truly re-awakened. Was planning on doing ‘casserole poached chicken in white wine and tarragon sauce’ on the Eurostar home but on checking the Julia Child recipe its 4 pages long! (Mastering the art of French cooking Vol. 2 pg 301)

Have friends coming around tomorrow so will do it then. It’ll be my first Julia Child recipe, eeeek!
  • Spicy quinoa and kidney beans with a load of mixed veg. It was very tasty, and as the teenager refused to even try it, I have enough left for tomorrow's lunch as well. She had chicken nuggets and chips, alongside a lecture from me about nutrition which she ignored.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!

Was planning on doing ‘casserole poached chicken in white wine and tarragon sauce’ on the Eurostar home

It's prob also a little tricky cooking on the Eurostar...four pages or not :rotfl:

OH had mushy peas and something or other tonight (I was still working).

I nuked a portion of beef and stout casserole I'd made the other weekend with some green beans. Nearly gave myself 3rd degree burns opening the casserole tub :eek: Was just want the doctor ordered though on a bright but chilly autumnal day.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport