I will knock you out ! BBCs Jeremy Vine films woman driver`s shocking road rage

Comments

• OK I admit defeat, I will never ride on the road again, my days of 100 mile rides is over.
  • custardy wrote: »
    Cool,so how fast do you go on shared paths?

I go as fast as I like.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Although the actions of the car driver was deplorable, why were the cyclists not using the path specifically designated for them to use (a segregated cycle lane). Purely from a safety aspect alone, it would have been the best option for them.
    I'm sure you'll claim this is nonsense. It seems to be a hobby of yours.
    https://www.camcycle.org.uk/newsletters/79/article6.html
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I go as fast as I like.

So no regard for other users of such paths.
    Seems rather unsociable.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    OK I admit defeat, I will never ride on the road again, my days of 100 mile rides is over.

Cant you just use the 100 miles of segregated cycle lanes?
    Cant you just use the 100 miles of segregated cycle lanes?

Well I would do if they all joined up, guess I will just have to become a couch potato ;)

Wonder if Ben Swift, Ian Stannard, Geraint Thomas and co want to join me?
  • I would've thought cycling on the side just while the cars overtake, and then moving out to the middle of the lane when they're past, would be the ideal solution. I mean are the potholes so bad that 30 seconds of navigating round them isn't doable.

I think hugheskevi has already addressed that point above.
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Johno100 wrote: »
    That's another thing the lycra brethren seem unwilling/unable to accept. If I'm driving a £500k super low slung super car on residential roads with speed humps I'm likely to hear the sound of very expensive carbon fibre being scraped and damaged as I drive along, so I'd be a fool for doing so. But if I suggested to one of your TdF wannabe mates that a Utility Bike (or even a MTB) rather a Road Bike may be more suitable for UK roads and paths I can only imagine the reaction I'd get.

Reminds me of those idiots in Edinburgh, still falling off their bikes on the tram tracks because of their skinny wheels and not understanding they need to cross the tracks at right angles or thereabouts.

We make our choices. I'd imagine any owner of expensive carbon whether powered or not would gripe about road surface condition. Some roads in my area are terrible for skinny tyred road bikes, so I try to avoid them until they're repaired.

My home commute had a 100m section of road that was in such poor condition it was a nightmare to climb. It was so horrendously rutted and potholed I used to take a diversionary route which only added half a mile.
    Fortunately the power of the Tour of Britain and the fact that this hill was the finish to one of this week's stages meant that it was repaired last month. What a difference!
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • I'm sure you'll claim this is nonsense. It seems to be a hobby of yours.
    https://www.camcycle.org.uk/newsletters/79/article6.html

Sorry, but how does that relate to the linked video and the ensuing debate?
    So no regard for other users of such paths.
    Seems rather unsociable.

That is not what I wrote, though, was it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure