Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Options

Comments

• gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Where is everyone hiding?

Think I'm properly in ketosis now, got a raging thirst!! Scales are finally shifting in the right direction too.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Everyone is asleep or has gone over to the dark side of lovely stuff like naan bread??!! ;)
    I lost 2lbs last week - weigh day today. Could have been a lot worse as I ate out a couple of times and pretty sure there was bread crumbs in those meatballs and sugar in that tomato sauce. There was also some kind of balsamic reduction on the halloumi. I also ordered a gin and slimline tonic and the delicious fever tree 'lighter' got brought over which actually has over 6 g carbs in it and fruit sugar. I couldn't complain so I had a small amount (which made it a v strong g&t!) The trials and tribulations of eating out low carb. Anyway I appear to have survived it.
    Hope you are in ketosis G&B and the thirst has calmed! Hope everyone else is doing ok!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • deloodid
    Options
    I've been on a low carb diet since 17th January started 16 stone, 8lbs.
    as from today im 15 stone, 0lbs. im going to Poland next week and cant be bothered going through food labels in Polish, so im having a 5 day break. ive been pretty much eating chicken all the time.
    Breakfast, Bacon and eggs, sometimes ill have bacon and a Walls Microwave Sausage (5,6grams) and cooks in 1 min.
    Lunch, Birds Eye Original Chargrill Chicken (3.8grams per portion) i usually have 2 portions,
    then ill have a couple of slices of chopped pork, and maybe some southern fried chicken Fridge Raider. i dont eat 4 hours before bed, and have a 1000mg of Orange Vitamin (Effervescent) of a night time. every other day ill have a strawberry actimel which are carboriffic

when i have gym days ill have a low carb protein shake.

thanks for the great new food ideas, ill try some out.
    Low Carb Dieter. start 18.8, currently 14.4
    Target is 14 stone.

Wins so far = Tea Or Coffee Brooches.
  • eleanor73
    Options
    deloodid wrote: »
    I've been on a low carb diet since 17th January started 16 stone, 8lbs.
    as from today im 15 stone, 0lbs. im going to Poland next week and cant be bothered going through food labels in Polish, so im having a 5 day break. ive been pretty much eating chicken all the time.
    Breakfast, Bacon and eggs, sometimes ill have bacon and a Walls Microwave Sausage (5,6grams) and cooks in 1 min.
    Lunch, Birds Eye Original Chargrill Chicken (3.8grams per portion) i usually have 2 portions,
    then ill have a couple of slices of chopped pork, and maybe some southern fried chicken Fridge Raider. i dont eat 4 hours before bed, and have a 1000mg of Orange Vitamin (Effervescent) of a night time. every other day ill have a strawberry actimel which are carboriffic

when i have gym days ill have a low carb protein shake.

thanks for the great new food ideas, ill try some out.

Hi!

Just dropping in quickly (I'm at work - naughty!)
    Well done on the weight loss- That's brilliant. Are you not eating any veg?
    If you can afford try to eat a posher sausage with less carbs!
    Welcome and stay around - hopefully it might bring some of the others back if the board is active.

In other news I lost another 2lbs last week. Now have lost 1 stone and 12lbs :j
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • deloodid
    Options
    Thanks, i dont eat enough veg, and im gonna cut out more processed meat and increase my carb intake to 30... im currently 25 and try eat more veg.

well done on the weight loss, thanks for the lovely welcome.
    Target is 14 stone.

• eleanor73
    Options
    Thanks, i dont eat enough veg, and im gonna cut out more processed meat and increase my carb intake to 30... im currently 25 and try eat more veg.

well done on the weight loss, thanks for the lovely welcome.

I definitely cannot lecture on veg intake as I am not eating enough but I try to have something with lunch and dinner be it a big handful of salad leaves, cauliflower mash/rice, leeks or broccoli. It is hard and sometimes it can be tempting just to eat the meat/cheese! Before I did this diet I ate a lot of veg-was basically veggie at least 3 days a week. The change was hard.
    I also eat ALOT of chicken-it's so easy. Unfortunately I am normally a lover of steak and blue cheese but my taste buds have changed on this diet and I have gone off both :(
    I have really enjoyed eating Mercy's korma so that is a good one to try. Good luck and keep it up!
  • kafkathecat
    Options
    Hi,
    If anyone uses low carb noodles Approved Food currently have some zero noodles at 12 packs for £3.99.
  • deloodid
    Options
    Ive used the low carb pasta, noodles and spaghetti from Eat Water, it wasnt bad, just mainly tasteless
    Target is 14 stone.

• kafkathecat
    Options
    Ive used the low carb pasta, noodles and spaghetti from Eat Water, it wasnt bad, just mainly tasteless

Yes, they are tasteless but work well with pesto or strong flavoured stir fries I find. I prefer shredded runner beans with tomato sauce though.
  • Mrs_Huggett
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just had a slice of wholemeal (homemade) bread, as DS left it in the toaster, surplus to requirements, that's the only relatively naughty thing I have had in about three weeks, and I've only lost 1lb....that said I am having a period, (just turned 54 so they are becoming rarer) maybe I am holding on to some water because of that, hope thats the reason!! I found low carb bread in sainsburys this week!! It's called Hi Lo and I prefer to the Waitrose version, seems more bread like and is cut thicker, has anyone else tried it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback