Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gazb
    • By gazb 10th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    gazb
    3 Month Old Sofology Sofa Sagging Badly
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    3 Month Old Sofology Sofa Sagging Badly 10th Mar 18 at 4:15 PM
    Hi,

I purchased a sofa from sofology and it was delivered on the 23rd December.

Within a couple of days the sofa had started sagging quite badly. I spoke to them to log a complaint and the told me to plump up the sofa by working from the middle to each corner every time we've sat on it!

We gave it a few weeks and it got a lot worse. I spoke to them again and emailed some photos and even the lady on the phone was shocked how bad it was!

They arranged a technician to come and have a look. He came a couple of weeks later. He said with it being a brand new range they've had a lot of complaints about this particular range and that the filling was too soft and it would need new better quality filling. He turned the sofa over, unzipped the bottom and started pulling off the elastic supports that the cushions sit on saying that when they'd been manufactured, the warm foam filling had stuck to the elastic which then stops the air circulating the foam and stops it re filling causing the sagging look. He said that that's what he's been told to do and that it wouldn't stop it and that it would need new better quality filling but NOT to say that he'd said that! (Shocking) he said give it a couple of weeks and then call them back and say that I'm still not satisfied.

I called them today and they are saying they won't take it any further as the technician has said that he solved the problem and there's no longer a problem with the sofas!

Where can I go from here? The sofa is the new linara range and cost £3300 for a 4 seater, a 2 seater and a footstool

Any help would be great! Cheers

This is the 2 seater, we've hardly sat on the left hand side

Last edited by gazb; 11-03-2018 at 6:52 PM. Reason: .
Page 4
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Apr 19, 10:44 PM
    • 17,793 Posts
    • 13,909 Thanks
    hollydays
    So have you spoken to the finance company?
    • Timeismoney
    • By Timeismoney 25th May 19, 9:51 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Timeismoney
    Sofology less than 48 hours .. can I cancel ?
    Hello everyone... wondered if anyone could advise .. just yesterday ordered a sofa from Sofology in store via credit card .. after reading all the terrible reviews , am now wanting to cancel our order . What are our rights regarding cancellation within 48 hours ?
    • windowsupplies
    • By windowsupplies 25th May 19, 1:27 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    windowsupplies
    Linara Sagging Sofa Update !!
    So have you spoken to the finance company?
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Yes we have spoken with credit card company who have submitted a claim , we had to get an independant assessment done which i sent to them two weeks ago , the guy was brilliant and report sent through to both card company and the Ombudsman whom previously rejected our claim due to insufficient evidence from home serve reports x 2 !!! .

Since receiving the independent report the ombudsman has rung us within 48hrs informing that Sofology will issue a full refund or replacement within 28 days whichever we wish to choose ,let me think about that ? A full refund !!!!
    To be honest the report done by Jason of Home Comforts was pretty impressive and i don't think they would have a leg to stand on if it went to court . We are also waiting for a response from card company whom also said they would claim back costs for report etc

I can whole heartily recommend Jason from home comforts , they can be contacted at www.furniturereports.co.uk or via email at enquiries@furniturereports.co.uk

We are based in Norfolk and i think Jason is based in Kent so the cost included traveling time etc at around £275.00 but i have to say the report was extremely thorough and was around 10 pages long plus a huge amount of photographic evidence , infact he claim up with no less than 5 major manufacturing defects of which we only knew of 2 !!
    Would highly recommend them , although they are massively busy at present but well worth the wait !
    So fingers crossed we are getting a refund , but ill confirm that when i get it !!!!!
    • embem
    • By embem 22nd Jun 19, 5:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    embem
    Has anyone managed to have their soft foam replaced by Sofology then? We have the same problem. We only had the settee less than 20 days and itís already out of shape. They have told us to plump it every time we sit in it. Are they for real? Is Martin Lewis award of this scam they are pulling? Lovely hard wearing foam in their showroom models and soft cheap foam I. All of ours!
    • Mihangel
    • By Mihangel 6th Jul 19, 11:24 AM
    • 524 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    Mihangel
    Has this problem been resolved as I am about to buy a 3 and footstool
    • ossettbob
    • By ossettbob 8th Jul 19, 8:15 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ossettbob
    I wouldn`t touch them with a barge pole. Look at Trustpilot, but only the one & two star reviews. The 5-Star ones are just for service during the initial purchase. I have never dealt with a company like Sofology. They are just con merchants. The furniture you receive is nothing like the ones in the showrooms. Complain & you will get nowhere.
    • Mick The Mag
    • By Mick The Mag 25th Jul 19, 8:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mick The Mag
    Linara
    Hi.Iíve read with interest your post about the Linar sofa from sofology.After searching for months I decided to purchase this sofa in Utah Grey.After ordering I came across your post & was horrified incase I had the same problem.Iíve had the sofa for about 3months now & I havenít encountered the issue you have.I was informed to plump up the seats for the 1st month or so & was also told to alternate sitting from seat to seat for the 1st month as well.The delivery guys told me to do this as well just so the sofa settles.If you donít do this it will sag & become difficult to reform.I donít think the actual cushion is sagging as such,I think the issue is the leather stretches as soon as you sit on this sofa & with it being a heavy leather unless you plump it up for the 1st month or so itíll just sag.I hope this helps & hope you got sorted with your sofa.
    • anton49
    • By anton49 6th Nov 19, 2:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anton49
    MY SOFA is the same very weak on the right side sagging they fitted booster cushion big mistake its like sitting on a hill do not let sofology fit them its because they fit cheap internals and upholster lies he tell sofology that the sofa is fine but tells you different DONT BUY FROM SOFOLOGY
    • PMBarrett
    • By PMBarrett 18th Nov 19, 10:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PMBarrett
    I haven't even got as far as ordering sofas from Sofology, and their service has been completely woeful.

Pricing changes, hidden delivery charges, ex-displays, you name it and I have heard it all in the last week. The final insult was a mail from their Social Media team basically telling me that the sofas had not gone up in price, they have just included delivery on their website and maybe it just wasn't explained to me very well.

Complete charlatans, and a bullet very well dodged I think.
    • brewthebear
    • By brewthebear 18th Nov 19, 11:20 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    brewthebear
    Had sofas from Furniture Village, after only 2 months sagging and puddling of fabric. Technician came out, faults were too many to resolve Furniture village straight away reodered new sofas no hassle at all and am still on other sofas till new ones arrive great service.
    We had looked at Sofology but the bad reviews put us off although there sofa do look amazing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

303Posts Today

3,329Users online

Martin's Twitter