Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wolfbane9
    • By wolfbane9 5th Nov 19, 8:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wolfbane9
    Parcel theft - Ali Express and Refund
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:07 PM
    Parcel theft - Ali Express and Refund 5th Nov 19 at 8:07 PM
    Hi there. I don't really know what to do so I am asking for advice. I have had four parcels (worth over 40 and Christmas presents) ''delivered'' from Ali Express. I paid by debit card. I didn't receive any of them and believe that a very dodgy neighbour has stolen them. I was at work when they were apparently delivered. I didn't sign or see them. The courier's tracking states 'delivered' but it hasn't been! I've opened disputes and been refused refunds for these and have had one letter from Royal Mail stating that 2 of these were left with the dodgy neighbour who claimed no knowledge of them and told me to ask supplier for refund or put in a claim. I was refused a refund and can't claim as I have no posting details!! I have previously warned RM of leaving parcels to no avail. Please please help!
Page 1
    • George333
    • By George333 5th Nov 19, 8:24 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    George333
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:24 PM
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:24 PM
    Get back onto Ali Express and tell them they haven't fulfilled their side of the contract.
    • wolfbane9
    • By wolfbane9 5th Nov 19, 8:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wolfbane9
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:56 PM
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:56 PM
    Their response:

If you havent received the item. I would strongly suggest to contact your local post office and get an official document to support your claim that it was not delivered to you, Doing this option can win your dispute and once proven valid you can wint the dispute and the refund can be easily provide to you.

I have no details of parcel so cannot chase and how on earth am I meant to prove it's stolen??
    • born again
    • By born again 5th Nov 19, 8:57 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    born again
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:57 PM
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:57 PM
    If RM are saying that they were left with neighbour (take it signed for) then get the police involved as theft.
    • wolfbane9
    • By wolfbane9 5th Nov 19, 9:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wolfbane9
    • 5th Nov 19, 9:01 PM
    • 5th Nov 19, 9:01 PM
    I did, they were not interested.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 5th Nov 19, 9:46 PM
    • 2,399 Posts
    • 3,332 Thanks
    Castle
    • 5th Nov 19, 9:46 PM
    • 5th Nov 19, 9:46 PM
    Their response:

If you havent received the item. I would strongly suggest to contact your local post office and get an official document to support your claim that it was not delivered to you, Doing this option can win your dispute and once proven valid you can wint the dispute and the refund can be easily provide to you.

I have no details of parcel so cannot chase and how on earth am I meant to prove it's stolen??
    Originally posted by wolfbane9
    It's up to Ali Express to prove it was delivered to you or somebody nominated by you to receive the parcels-as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015-section 29(2).
    • deanos
    • By deanos 6th Nov 19, 7:11 AM
    • 10,946 Posts
    • 5,605 Thanks
    deanos
    • 6th Nov 19, 7:11 AM
    • 6th Nov 19, 7:11 AM
    It's up to Ali Express to prove it was delivered to you or somebody nominated by you to receive the parcels-as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015-section 29(2).
    Originally posted by Castle
    Does CRA apply to China ?
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 6th Nov 19, 7:41 AM
    • 5,540 Posts
    • 5,547 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 6th Nov 19, 7:41 AM
    • 6th Nov 19, 7:41 AM
    Contact your bank and request a chargeback.

And stop ordering cheap tack from China.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,216Posts Today

9,070Users online

Martin's Twitter