Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks Seaside, will do my best not to fritter:).

So this morning was so cold standing at the train station and I have a large mug of coffee in front of me to keep my hands warm.

My relative tried to offer me money for taking them to hospital but I refused as he has done so much for me and my family. He snuck £10 in an envelope and put it under my door when I was working yesterday. I think it's a pride thing so I will happily accept it.

So my therapist has a new task for me this week...do something that is fun or I get enjoyment from. I was saying that this last wee while I've just get up super early, gone to work, come home, got ready for work, gone to bed and repeat. Having fun with nephew and being silly with him in the cold was the first time in ages I've felt silly or had fun which is a bit sad but shows how easy it is to get stuck in a rut. Last night I played Blockbusters with my mum and nephews. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to deliberately incorporate enjoyment in your day but it kind of is for me. I said to OH that this weekend we are going out for dinner/lunch (any spare change we have goes into a piggy pot for this purpose and there is £36 in it) or for a walk on the beach. I think, depending on the opening times, I will go for a swim tomorrow as I've not done that since our last holiday in Sept.

Ooops bit of a long ramble but as there probably isn't going to be many staff in today I think I have time to check the diaries:)
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I find it hard to "have fun" too, which sounds really odd but I'm normally a serious person, focusing on work and getting things done that need doing. I don't find it easy to be "silly", unlike my husband who's a big kid. Perhaps we balance each other out in that way, but I'd like to let go a little sometimes.

I hope you enjoy your meal out :)
  • Munchin
    Hi Lilith, glad to see I'm not the only one who struggles to have fun. It's not that I'm not happy it's just I need more laughs and fun things to look forward to.

OH is working today so this morning's fun was a lovely run in the forest with pup and a really light snow shower which was just beautiful.

No spends today so far. I typed up a set of volunteer minutes and these are almost the last ones before I step down from this club..cannot wait to be done with it :D

Hopefully OH & I will do our beach walk tomorrow and I'm busy looking at groupon deals to see what pampering there is out there. As I'm on a bit of an economy drive this month then all fun has to be quite frugal.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hope you enjoy your beach walk tomorrow. The groupon pampering sound a good, frugal idea - perhaps get some of your girlfriends along as well and have a giggle?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    edited 13 March 2018 at 6:43AM
    Update

Money - 11 March 2018

Groceries & odds - £[STRIKE]120[/STRIKE]/£21.50 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]90[/STRIKE]/£25 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 528 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1690 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£0 payable / £3.68 pending
    Prolific - £9.52
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £24.20 pending

Weekly Spends

Sun - 11th - NSD
    Mon 12th - ££
    Tues 13th -
    Wed 14th -
    Thurs 15th -
    Fri 16th -
    Sat 17th -
  • Munchin
    Afternoon all,

Wow another mad week over and done with in the blink of an eye and I have my clothes ironed and lunch ready in fridge for the start of another mad week. Good news is that I finish early on Friday coming and then we have a bank holiday on the Monday :D.

I don't have tons of MSE news. I have a few spends separate to my frugal budget which is now at £25...eek!! I have booked 2 events for OH & I in August & October, so that we have things to look forward to. I've been keeping an eye out in Groupon but no pampering sessions near me yet.

It's been tough with OH this week. His sis in law rang to ask his advice on selling some pieces of the farm (OH brother passed away 5 months ago). It's really knocked him for 6 but he has to accept that things wont be the same and his SIL has to make these decisions.

I saw my Mum this morning and she made me coffee and a bacon sarnie. I asked her if it wasn't supposed to be the other way round and I should be treating her :D. Mums are the best:).

I got quotes from the travel agents for our Maldives trip and at the moment it is only provisional but the travel agent assures us that June/July should have discounts and could be a good time to book.

I had to catch up on some volunteer minutes and some work :o this morning so now I'm just watching the Great British Bake off with a cup of tea
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's nice to book things in advance so we have them to look forward to. Glad you enjoy time around your mum's too :)

Fingers crossed you get some bargains for the Maldives - what an amazing experience that will be!
  • Munchin
    Hi Lilith, it’s always nice to have something positive to look forward to :).

Yesterday was a bit of a trial but not for me. My friend has had a grievance taken against her which I know from experience is totally unfounded. Yesterday was her opportunity to give account to the ‘independent’ investigating body and she asked me to be her support person. I spoke to my Union rep and she advised it could take hours which I hadn’t expected. It took us 4 hours and then we were only half way through and we have to go back. It is so annoying that this person who took the case has a history of taking cases but that doesn’t count. My friend has loads of evidence and witnesses to support her but it is still a horrible experience. It was exhausting as we both had to be so careful with our words.

I spent some money on coffees for the pair of us before the ordeal. The positive is that my friend was always about taking the high ground but now she’s bringing all the evidence including nasty vindictive emails to the next meeting.

I then had to work late to catch up on my own work but at least I’m finally starting to get to the top of the mountain.

I’m sitting on the train in my running gear as I plan a short run before I start my working day.. can’t back out as I’m already dressed. Will spend the next 30 mins on train catching up on Swagbucks.

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    How awful for your friend Munchin. I do hope matters are resolved - and in her favour!

Envy your energy in running before work!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Afternoon all,

Happy St Patrick's day :). I have had such a productive day and I'm full of beans. I managed a run this morning in the forest with pup and it was cool but still ok for the dog. As we ran round it started snowing...I'm thinking there is an entirely different climate in the forest :).

I had a list of things to do and I've just finished them. I did a grocery shop this morning and then popped into volunteer thing to sign of some papers I've not had a chance because of work. I then reviewed a set of minutes for another volunteer thing. I tidied my house and changed the beds. I also went through the shoe boxes on top of the wardrobe and have a few things to ebay as I can't walk in high heels any more. I also found 2 pairs of sandals I had forgotten about :o. I popped over to my Mums and then my Aunts for tea and a chat with my cousins. It is shaping up to be a lovely day so far.

Yesterday I went to a retirement thing for a friend and it was lovely to see old friends but a had a wee bit of anxiety as well which I coped with. I've been invited to a party next weekend which I'm going to go to but need a pressie and to find something to wear. I have a pub quiz the week after for my cousin to raise funds for the Children's hospital. I also have 3 birthdays next weekend :eek:. Lots of things coming up which will cost a bit but worth every penny.

I got my car insurance renewal in the post and it's £50 dearer than last year. It drives me mad that they rely on people just renewing. I will do another quote and ring them on Tuesday and see what they can offer.

Plans tomorrow - a dander on the beach and a nice meal out is on the cards and then Monday is a bank holiday so it will probably involve painting the spare room but I'd rather just enjoy the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure