Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks BW, asked dd what she wanted t do today and a bike ride is the plan!

Have just tried sorting childcare out for the next few weeks, it hurts my brain at times having the children in different settings. Roll on July! I am crossing my fingers that I have booked holiday club for Monday, I *think* I have :eek: Have a few weeks ahead of no a/l days which will impact on our childcare but hoping it will balance out over the month.

Today I would like to.....

1) Get DH to book some a/l for May halfterm
    2) Get DH to book his August a/l, I will book the opposite 2 weeks.
    3) Look into the Sun holidays and try and book where we have just returned from. A 4 night break would be ideal and August b/h probably the most practical option.
    4) Ask DH to read gas meter(a huuuuge spider lives in there) :eek:
    5) Plant some herbs in my new planter
    6) Meal plan for the week

Looks like DH is going to be busy! He is currently doing a carboot sale too! He's a gem :heart: and will deserve a bit of peace and quiet to watch the big game today. :footie:
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    So glad childcare is no longer an issue. My girls are all at secondary school and get themselves up every morning and out.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ugh i swear i saw a spider last night that had mutated to match the wallpaper.
  • CathT
    So glad childcare is no longer an issue. My girls are all at secondary school and get themselves up every morning and out.

It's all the running them around as they get older though isn't it.
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Ugh i swear i saw a spider last night that had mutated to match the wallpaper.

I left DH to it. These spiders are devious and I am definitely more scared of them than they are of me!

Car boot sale was not a huge success but we made £20 after costs and decluttered. I must have influenced DH as he only brought a couple of things back in the house and he took the rest straight to the charity shop :j

I have made a banana and choc chip loaf to go in lunch boxes this week as trying to avoid the supermarket. Also taken frozen batch cooked meal out of the freezer which I think is beef! Am about to meal plan for the rest of the week so fingers crossed it sees us through a few days as options are limited!

In total between recent fb sales and car boot we had just over £40 so I have paid that straight off the CP holiday. I have £16 cash (a great deal of shrapnel) in my purse so that will last until Friday and can be used for milk, bread and fruit as needed. I do however need to contribute to a couple of collections too this week.

DH taking his car to the garage tomorrow for them to investigate the strange noise it is making. If it is an expensive repair job we may consider running it until MOT up at end of the year and then replacing.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Uh oh strange car noises...
  • CathT
    Am hoping it's something straightforward and inexpensive. Really don't want to replace car as DH literally uses it for work and school run so really low mileage use <100 a week! Surely a banger is sufficient for that purpose?

Quick check of accounts and all is ok. Payday for DH Friday and low spends planned for this week. DH getting bread and milk today which will keep us out of the supermarket for a few more days. Meal planned for today and tomorrow so weds onwards could be creative!

Didn't get a day out yesterday as was so windy! Did time the washing though and managed to line dry it very quickly before the rain arrived. Have woken up to frost this morning though so glad I didn't plant my seeds outside.

Have a good Monday everyone. Feels like a long week ahead at the moment but I need to stop living for the weekend and bring some quality to the weekdays!
  • CathT
    Simply plodding unti Friday. 41p Tilly tidy yesterday and found 8p in account from direct debits so sent that too. Just happy to be hanging in there!

dH had car checked, seems its a disc that's overheating. Estimated repair cost is £85-£110 so will try and get it done the end of the week. My work expenses will cover a chunk of it so not disastrous.

So much for bringing quality to the week, could hardly get up this morning and it's only Tuesday!
  • Cream_Tea
    Cream_Tea Posts: 427 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    I'm pleased the repair wasn't extortionate. Cars are such an annoyance when they go wrong!

CT
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49
    Debt £24,990 / Debt Free Est. May'21

Updated 06/05/18
  • CathT
    Thanks CT. let's hope more problems aren't found. It is well overdue a service!

Well, plodding appears to have worked. Payday tomorrow and I paid the last pennies in our account off the cc. All 100 of them so not a true tilly tidy :D

I also found £5 in my purse I didn't know was there! :j

We really have depleted our food supplies this week but managed to last until the end of the week. DH doing food shop later using £10 off voucher then onto @ldi for wine :beer: hopefully we will come in under budget although I have also ordered a fruit and veg box for delivery at the weekend.

House still feeling cluttered, now the car boot sale is out of the way I think we need to be more ruthless amd either bin or take to charity shop. I will dok nothing of it means this house is easier to clean! Would also be nice to have house 'ready' in case our dream home comes on the market :D
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi cath, what did you do with the herbs in the end? I had mine in indivdual small pots last year but they dried out ,this year they are in bigger pots.could you line with black bin liners it might be easier than carriers? I use them for hanging baskets sometimes. :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback