MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Comments

• JohnB47 wrote: »
    Just spoke to Eversmart, having waited for around 15 mins. My transfer from Octopus was due to happen yesterday but I heard nothing. The guy I spoke to is sending me an email and a link to allow me to set up an account. He says my switch has actually taken place.

He offered no comment when I asked why I hadn't been sent the email yesterday. I'm curious that I've not heard from Octopus either.

Hope it all goes well from here.

I called also this morning and have been emailed a link to set up my account. Have you however been able to enter readings? I just get an error saying no Key confirmed?

What does that mean?
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    No bills from Octopus as yet and no acknowledgement of my switching away which is due to happen on Friday.
  • Hi, I requested my switch to Breeze Energy on Friday 7th September but had been chasing a bill since early last week following meter readings. Firstly I got the Facebook message that said there would be a delay and then late yesterday afternoon go the email that said I would get a final bill within 4 weeks after the switch.

For those of you switching imminently, I hope it goes through without any problems.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Hi, I requested my switch to Breeze Energy on Friday 7th September but had been chasing a bill since early last week following meter readings. Firstly I got the Facebook message that said there would be a delay and then late yesterday afternoon go the email that said I would get a final bill within 4 weeks after the switch.

For those of you switching imminently, I hope it goes through without any problems.

The losing supplier, under EU Law and Licence obligations, has to use its reasonable efforts to issue you with a final bill no later than 6 weeks AFTER the date of the actual transfer of supply. To do this it requires industry-validated meter readings from your gaining supplier. The validation process can take up to10 days. As you only requested a switch 5 days ago, your transfer will not have taken place. Depending on your new supplier this can take anything from 17 to 35 days from application to switch.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I called also this morning and have been emailed a link to set up my account. Have you however been able to enter readings? I just get an error saying no Key confirmed?

What does that mean?

NO success. I've registered on my account and tried to enter readings but I get "Error; Register Required" and "Error: No Token Record" when I try to enter Elec and Gas readings respectively. Have emailed Smartenergy. Not sure if I want to hold on so long on the telephone.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Well my switch has gone through.........I checked on Northern Powergrid with postcode and house number which came back as eversmart and gave my meter reading to eversmart via email and had reply back within 15 minutes
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2018 at 8:12AM
    Edit: I will post all future rants re Eversmart on the Eversmart feedback thread.

Well, my switch has definitely failed.

Long story short - I'm told by Smartenergy that the problem was 'probably' that my address details were slightly different in the requests for transfer of gas and elect. One had my County in it and the other didn't. This is nothing I had done - all address details were transferred automatically. Sounds like a made up excuse to cover up incompetence. I've transferred numerous times in the last decade or so and never had this problem.

So my Gas has transferred but not the electricity. This despite my being told this morning that the switch was complete. It was their systems refusal to accept my initial meter readings that made me call them again.

Apparently it will take, 'hopefully', another two weeks to sort that out.

I'll calculate my loss when it's all completed and if it's significant, I'll ask for compensation.

Good luck to all others!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

What does that mean?

Sounds like a reference to a pre-pay meter?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,268 Forumite
    I'm moving to Angelic. Supply date is 23 Sept and they are asking for meter reads now, seems very early but I'll go with it as they are cheaper than Octopus. Nothing from Octopus about my going.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's curious. I'm moving my gas supply from Octopus to Angelic tomorrow, and have not yet had a meter read request.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport