Debt Free By 2019?

Comments

• So my running watch has finally sold on eBay after much back and forth with a buyer and going above and beyond to be able to accommodate him :D the money is pending at the moment so I am in no hurry for it but a little will go into my car pot, and the rest will see me to the end of the month and anything left over will be used towards a debt - there's a Lowell one that has about £20 ish pound left on it until it is settled so I imagine it will probably be that!

I'm spending more than usual on food at the moment, I have a running injury and whilst sulking about that all I want to do is eat junk food so rather than bringing in pasta meals for my work lunch that I've made at home, I'm going out and buying unhealthy sandwiches, biscuits and cake :( really hoping I can get back to running soon as it depresses me not being able to - I'm good at it, and it's one of the few social things I do (I'm in a running club) and generally just miss being out and about exercising! I still walk to and from work and to town etc but it's not the same. OH doesn't take it seriously that I'm moody because I can't run but running was my social/time to myself and not have to think time!

Oh well, at least it's Friday today. We are going out to dinner with my family but it's a cheap and cheerful pub dinner so shouldn't cost much at all. Happy Friday :j
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Feeling kind of blue today...

Getting really irritated not being able to run! IT shows too as I seem to be picking fights left right and centre with my poor OH where I'm just stressed and tense from doing nothing other than sitting around resting my foot, eating because I feel miserable, and feeling miserable because I'm eating so much food. :(
    Running is literally my saving grace - ten minutes to myself if I needed a quick jog to clear my head, the bonus of that happy feeling after exercising, about the only social stuff I do other than see my OH, and there's not much else really I can say that I'm good at. I have contemplated starting to write a book whilst I've got a lot of free time (I've had two ideas for a while I just need to test the waters and see if I can actually write).
    I think I will see it until the end of the month with no running which will have been a whole month out, bar one day. Hopefully the injury will have completely healed by then!

On the plus side, in my driving lesson yesterday my instructor said that we might not need a few of the lessons we have packed in for next month and upto my test day. Initially my ears perked up at the idea of saving some money as it's costing me a lot next month, but then I pretty much decided the cost will be worth it if I pass, rather than go into the test nervous and wishing I'd taken the extra practice when I had a chance. All my lessons are budgeted for, so it's not like I'm going to miss the money if i don't drop a couple of lessons :D

I'm looking forward to payday, mainly so I can pay off the block booking for my lessons and just know that it's done for the month, and also to knock a little off of the figures in my signature.
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,092
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Just popping in to wish you good luck on your journey
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • Just popping in to wish you good luck on your journey

Thank you very much :j
  • Right - so today I am tired of feeling miserable and I am determined to feel motivated instead!

My plan for when I finish work is to go through my stuff and put a load of it on eBay. I've been meaning to do this for a while but I tend to sit down, eat dinner and end up in front of the tv for the evening. I've definitely got some shoes and dresses that can be sold and bring in a little bit of money! I've got so much makeup from various kits too that I will never use so I may buy some little boxes and sell them as makeup bundles? (not really sure if that's a thing or will work). Equally I got a Ghost gift set for my birthday that I am unlikely to ever use, and lots of DVDs that I can probably sell as a bundle too.

Until I get back running I can just work out at home. I literally have no excuse. I have kettlebells at home, I have resistance bands, I have workout DVDs etc. The only excuse I have for not getting up for a half hour work out in the morning is that I simply cannot be bothered - but it's now more important that I can't be bothered to sit around feeling fat and miserable!

I also want to try and start a little bit towards my book, even if I just write a chapter. I do have a lot of free time at work in front of a computer and the office applications on my PC are linked to my onedrive so I can just work on my writing whenever.

That's pretty much all for now - I've thrown away the biscuits and eclairs in my staff room and will have a healthy, cheap lunch!
  • Well, I had set out yesterday to put some things on eBay last night and then wake up and work out this morning. I achieved 50% of that :)
    I have 7 items listed on eBay which should bring in a minimum of £40, possibly a little more. I have some more things I can put on over the next few days but to be honest it was a little exhausting trying to sort through all the stuff in my cupboard in the wall that I have to call a wardrobe (I try to avoid going in there too often :rotfl: ) but I know there's definitely a couple of bags that I can put on eBay too.

Today's task is to send off my laptop that finally sold yesterday, bought the postage from eBay yesterday and it's been up in the staff area resetting this morning so all I need to do is quickly package it and then take it down to the post office. Lunch today will be bought from Boots using points :)

I bought a new mouse from Amazon last night for work as the one I had before kept doube clicking every time you clicked once, which was tolerable when it only happened occasionally, but this week its been happening the majority of the time which was making me want to throw the computer at the wall :mad:

I think I will have to cancel my emails I get from the National Lottery at the moment that I get when there are big jackpots - pretty much the only times I play are because of these emails, and it's not cheap :o

Constantly keeping my eyes peeled for surveys on PA at the moment - I made £20 in a day about a week ago and had next to nothing since... oh well! Think positive!
  • Having a good morning so far!

I had a quick sale on eBay last night for some unopened perfume for £15.00 which is going to get posted on my lunch hour today, more pennies to go into my car fund or off of a debt, haven't decided how things well get allocated when I get paid yet.
    I was also looking at my current accounts at the moment I have a Barclays current account with two savings accounts linked to it, one holds the money for my driving lessons and one holds the money I'm putting together for a cheap car. I'd already decided to move the car money over to a basic Nationwide current account that I have, as I seem to keep dipping into it because it takes seconds to transfer over, and my driving lessons stay where they are as I know that money is important. For some reason I chose Lloyds to look at to see if I could get an account (my Barclays was basic to start with and is now a full account I believe, the Nationwide I have had for less than a year and was only offered a basic account) when I saw the switch sign and was reminded of switch bonuses! So I went over to Halifax instead and applied for a rewards account and was accepted for the full account including £125 switching bonus :j

Productive morning already! So that will leave me with the new Halifax account from the 5th of March, and my NW one. I also have a PO online saver so my plan going forwards is to put proper (like EF) savings into there, and transfer money to the NW account for monthly savings for insurance presents etc etc.

I look forward to seeing how the rest of the day goes! :dance:
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,092
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Great news on switching. That's on my to do list too
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • Great news on switching. That's on my to do list too

Thanks! I've seen all the people that jump around banks to get the bonuses but never thought I would be able to do it to be honest. It'll be something I keep an eye on in the future too :)
  • Today should be a fairly productive day!
    I have 7 eBay listings that will end this evening and I'm confident most (if not all) will sell. I still have a lot more stuff that I can put on there but I have a week and a half off of work from Wednesday next week so I may leave this until then so I can have a good old look at what I've got laying around. I did a clear out for charity a while ago but I feel like I need to do another one - I have a fairly small bedroom and just too much stuff for the little space I have.

Will be out for dinner tonight (pub grub) which is generally always a treat to celebrate the end of the week which is nice.
    Lunch will be a Boots deal with my (rapidly disappearing) points as I forgot to make a packed lunch last night :o

I also get to go and collect some jeans from Nxt on my lunch break too which were purchased from a gift card and collecting from the store so no paying for delivery either :j

I will have a decent chunk coming from the eBay sales including the ones sent and received just awaiting the pending funds to become available ( :mad: ) and the switch bonus and half of it will be going towards my car fund which will then be nearly complete and half will go towards paying off some lines on o2 (I have 3 for no reason other than about a year ago I wanted everything now and didn't really care about how much my monthly cost would be) which will save me at least £70pm. This then increases how much I can pay off my CC each month!

Going forwards too, I will give myself an allowance of £150pm - but I don't plan to spend all of it. I have worked out if I make packed lunches from home everyday, and do a maximum of 2 train journeys a week to see my OH, and buy a couple of small bottles of milk per week for work (coffee :rotfl: ) then I can probably spend £20 a week, which would leave £70 leftover from my allowance.
    This then means that my leftover money worked out from my spreadsheet (income minus all expenditure and my allowance) goes straight towards debts or savings when I get paid :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure