Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have been with Sky on & off for about 8 years now. Currently since my 18 month contract is coming to an end I tried to negotiate and the deal i got was not great. I have only TV with them.

They were willing to give me Entertainment at 20, sports at 20, HD, BOX Sets at 1 each. for £42 for 18 months so I declined the offer.. I then received an email from Sky which said

Box sets and Sky sports together at £32 and £1 for Box Sets, HD, Kids and £5 for Sky movies all for 12 months rather than 18 which is fine..

but there is a £10 fee to be added if I do this over phone or chat.. Im guessing this is the cheapest they can go?

Any suggestions welcome. I have until tomorrow to accept this offer as per the email.

Can you not accept the offer via the email itself?
  • ironmanjason
    ironmanjason Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    I tried but the prices don't match up when I click the link..so not sure what's going on.

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Phoned today as I am out of my 18 month contract next month. Best they would do is a 25% price hike from current payments. That was after going to cancellations.

Current package

Entertainment
    Boxsets
    Movies
    Sport.

Current package price £42. New price £55.

Got my date for leaving. Now have to play the waiting game. Have left previously to go to freesat and still have the box in the attic.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I tried but the prices don't match up when I click the link..so not sure what's going on.

Then phone or chat and explain you were trying to do it via the email and that you're not paying the £10 'admin fee' as it's not your fault their system isn't working.
  • Hi I haggled with Sky and got over £200 off my bill and free box sets
    Raven
  • Then phone or chat and explain you were trying to do it via the email and that you're not paying the £10 'admin fee' as it's not your fault their system isn't working.

Looks like my account was in cancellation and hence it did not work online.. the guy on phone tried to initally not accept to waive the charge and when I said ok then im not inrested in the offer he goes off to his manager and says ok lol..

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dinglebert wrote: »
    Phoned today as I am out of my 18 month contract next month. Best they would do is a 25% price hike from current payments. That was after going to cancellations.

Current package

Entertainment
    Boxsets
    Movies
    Sport.

Current package price £42. New price £55.

Got my date for leaving. Now have to play the waiting game. Have left previously to go to freesat and still have the box in the attic.

Got the call yesterday. They offered me the exact same package 12 month only for £33. I said yes. So instead of a 25% increase its a 25% decrease. They charged me the £10 surcharge but removed it in the discounts.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dinglebert wrote: »
    Got the call yesterday. They offered me the exact same package 12 month only for £33. I said yes. So instead of a 25% increase its a 25% decrease. They charged me the £10 surcharge but removed it in the discounts.

Is that all in HD ?? If so, its just about the best deal I've seen for a while!!:T Must be over 60% discount!
  • I have a 2Tb Sky HD box, Boxsets, Movies

£14.00 pm October 2017
    £23.00 pm October 2018
    £28.62 pm November 2018 - 1 month later they hiked it up from £23!
    £30.25 pm April 2019 - 5 months later they hiked it up from £28.62!

20 July 2019 - I called to ask if they can reduce it a bit? AND they said they the cheapest they can offer is £4 more than I am already paying.

Going to clear down any stuff I really want to watch and chuck it.
  • Space_Captain
    Space_Captain Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 July 2019 at 7:45AM
    Rang today to renegotiate a relatives TV package that is out of its contract. .
    They were paying £15 a month for the original package so I asked to be put through to retentions. They offered the Entertainment package which has more channels for the same price on an 18 month contract with a £10 admin charge.
    I was told that HD was £5 a month extra but when she applied the offer it didn't charge for it so I got lucky there.
    I think £15 for the entertainment package + HD is a good price
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure