Npower - 2 years of hell

Options

Comments

• David2Prit
    David2Prit Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2018 at 11:38AM
    Options
    Work out your correct consumption as best you can some other way - use the bills from before the new meter was installed, insist that npower provide copies of your unamended bills, or wait until you have some bills from the new meter.
    Yeah I am going request the unamended bills, but also use the new bills to show the comparison.
    The amount of debt is still very high: have you been paying anything on account? Has Npower been billing you - albeit, using inflated meter readings?
    Between Dec 18 - April 18 we were paying £157 a month. £100 towards the actual cost of electricty, and £57 towards servicing the debt. They set that as a fixed amount at that point and me and my partner agreed because we just wanted some breathing space. Fortuntately I have emails between me and my partner stating we just need some space whilst we try figuring out what is going on.
    From then we were paying £99 (at N-power say so) until around June this year when for some reason the monthly direct debit dropped to £74 (N-Power say so...).
    Then in September (I believe) they stated it would increase to £344 a month, that is when I really went at it. They agreed to keep payment at £74 until meter had been checked, and here we are. Still paying the £74 a month, as I would rather stay ahead than behind.

In my eyes I think we have overpayed massively and that has not been taken into account, maybe it has, but it doesn't seem to have if we still owe £1000+, just doesn't seem right.

I really appreciate everyones advice! as said, not an expert in the slightest. I just get a bill and pay usually (Roughly aware of how much it should be).
  • David2Prit
    Options
    Before Dec 18, should mention that we were voluntarily paying £100 a month to try and keep up.
  • David2Prit
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can request all records N-power hold of conversations, notes on account, bills etc via freedom of information request? Is that possible?
  • OPMDaze
    OPMDaze Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    David2Prit wrote: »
    As above, don't follow this.... N-Power have admitted that they have been overcharging by 58.8% for the whole period.

Just logged into Npower account and it appears that they have removed all the old bills/statements when they have complied the new statements reflecting the change. Would I be able to get them back?

Here is last month when the new meter was installed:

Day
    0 Our estimate
    31 October 2018
    303 Our reading
    30 November 2018
    303 kWh at 14.790p £44.81

Night
    0 Our estimate
    31 October 2018
    63 Our reading
    30 November 2018
    63 kWh at 7.550p £4.76

I will obviously take some proper time out later and dig deeper into the bills and see if I can find anything.

They removed a load of readings off my account, they've got history of this. Imagine what'd happen to you if you did that yet they can get away with it. Luckily I took photos of mine. Hope you can take them to the cleaners to be honest, good luck.:D
  • David2Prit
    Options
    B13blues wrote: »
    They removed a load of readings off my account, they've got history of this. Imagine what'd happen to you if you did that yet they can get away with it. Luckily I took photos of mine. Hope you can take them to the cleaners to be honest, good luck.:D

Thank you! That's the aim. Well, to be honest, my aim is to clear the account in full and let us leave as we can't because of this stupid debt.
  • brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What about your bills for 2016 or 2015 ? At a minimum you must be able to discover what you paid.
    And if there are not too many estimated bills you should be able to calculate your consumption in kwh.
  • David2Prit
    Options
    What about your bills for 2016 or 2015 ? At a minimum you must be able to discover what you paid.
    And if there are not too many estimated bills you should be able to calculate your consumption in kwh.

June 16 when moved in to flat
    £38 - July
    £41 - August
    £37 - September
    £44 - October
    £23- Nov (Holiday for 3 weeks)
    £52 - Dec

That’s just going on payments as I can see that at moment, but as said, bills seem to have disappeared from online account.
  • David2Prit
    Options
    UPDATE - I’ve submitted a SAR
  • brianposter
    Options
    David2Prit wrote: »
    June 16 when moved in to flat
    £38 - July
    £41 - August
    £37 - September
    £44 - October
    £23- Nov (Holiday for 3 weeks)
    £52 - Dec

That’s just going on payments as I can see that at moment, but as said, bills seem to have disappeared from online account.
    And the corresponding consumption - real, not estimated ?
  • David2Prit
    Options
    And the corresponding consumption - real, not estimated ?
    Oh those were real, not estimate. Regarding consumption, I guess I could get a ballpark, but wouldn’t know about split in day/night?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure