budget accomodation Cardiff area

peewhyeff
peewhyeff Posts: 1,186 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
need budget accomodation for nights of 27th and 28th April for 4 adults.
Will need 2 rooms and parking for 1 car. Even Travelodge are coming out at £400+. Can be Travelodge type, or air bnb, or pub, even caravan. Anything considered. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    A quick look at airbnb seems to be throwing up options from £65 per night - that should save quite a bit when divided between 4 people.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • infj
    infj Posts: 68 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Depending on how close you need to be to Cardiff, you could look at staying further out from Cardiff - places like Bridgend, Porthcawl, Llantrisant are all only 45-60 mins away on the M4 and prices may be better. Trains from Bridgend are about 20 mins and only cost about £8 return. Finding a seat is the challenge at certain times!!!
    Don't go the Newport side though - you do NOT want to negotiate the tunnels.
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks to both Dobbibill and Infj now booked In Penarth. Still not cheap but needed to book it. Had no idea why Cardiff should be so expensive.
  • It's Judgement Day at the Principality Stadium/Millennium Stadium - that's probably why it's so expensive that weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure