Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Whitewing. Kick up the a r s e duly noted. :o
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Pyxis - horrid horrid experience. I might write her a letter reinforcing that I seriously have no idea why she was upset, and making a bit note for now and the future that it was not and will not be your intention to upset or offend. AND maybe be upfront about the fact that her public reaction upset you. Ask if you could have an agreement to tell each other if you upset each other, in private (but that you now consider this event over, although you would still like a guide as to what you said so that you can avoid repeating the trigger.)

Actually, come to think of it, trigger is an excellent word, isn't it, cos it doesn't attribute blame. (I've only just realised this!) xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Gingernutty
    By email. If this is work, everything will have to have a 'paper trail'.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone else here hit rock bottom before there period? I absolutely plumb the depths, "Why do I go on? I'm a burden to my family" etc, for about 2 days before I start and then when it happens I get back to normal (normal for me).
    Any suggestions on ways to make this more manageable?
  • Gingernutty
    That thing I did for charity last year? I'm doing it again. :eek:

It felt fine months ago when I volunteered, but now it's a little over 3 weeks away, I have started to ramp up.

5 mins on stage and it's taking weeks of thinking, ideas, writing and going through it in my head.

I still haven't practised it out loud. :(:o
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Remember how well it went ginfer.

OH back in hospital
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear that melly - hope it's not too much of a setback. Lots of positive thoughts heading your way.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I am assuming getting over the virus has drained me, not sure if its that or getting up for college 3 days a week at 7.30am but I literally got almost over my virus on Wednesday (apart from a mild blocked nose here and there) Wednesday Thursday and Friday night I slept 13 hours as each time I woke at normal times I just blacked out after a few seconds.

Emotions are strange too, not sure if thats because of the stress of having to loan family member money and stress from utility provider.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Dandy, I can sympathise but unfortunately can't suggest ways to help. I did find that I was slightly less unhinged when I had the Mirena coil but generally I just have to try to remind myself that it's only hormonal and I'll be fine again in a couple of days.

Ginger, good luck although I'm sure you'll be great.

Melly, I hope OH's on the mend again soon.
  • dekaspace wrote: »
    I am assuming getting over the virus has drained me,
    That's quiet likely, if I've had a cold for example, I find that it takes a few days after the symptoms have finished before I'm restored to my normal energy level, until then I'm basically exhausted all the time.

Best wishes to OH Melly.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback