Nationwide Flex Plus difficulties in downgrading

To upgrade to Flex Plus from a standard Flex account was easy, done on line in seconds. Trying to downgrade it following the 30% fee hike is not so esay. It cannot be done on line, nor by secure messaging but involves a 35 - 40 minute branch consultation or a lenghty phone call (not to mention the wait to get through). I haven't yet achieved it as they won't let me specify a particular date it can only be done on the day of contact. I think its unfair to waste my time and it shows scant respect for the consumer. Sell me something with a couple of clicks but mess me around for what will turn out to be literally hours to stop the service is short sited. I'll soon be moving banks.

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    To upgrade to Flex Plus from a standard Flex account was easy, done on line in seconds. Trying to downgrade it following the 30% fee hike is not so esay. It cannot be done on line, nor by secure messaging but involves a 35 - 40 minute branch consultation or a lenghty phone call (not to mention the wait to get through). I haven't yet achieved it as they won't let me specify a particular date it can only be done on the day of contact. I think its unfair to waste my time and it shows scant respect for the consumer. Sell me something with a couple of clicks but mess me around for what will turn out to be literally hours to stop the service is short sited. I'll soon be moving banks.

Are you assuming this on the information of one employee ? If so, I suggest you ask the question again, via general customer service, as, in the past, different staff have given completely different answers (eg over whether you need to close an account once the 55 offer ends, to get the same offer in 12 months' time)
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 2:48PM
    Mmm...I downgraded my flexdirect account to flexaccount yesterday via phone without any probs.. I will start it again next year for the 5% interest I will be attending a N/wide event soon, where users meet senior N/wide people to ask questions and give feedback. I will raise this item and that none of their other (apart for 5% flexdirect account that only lasts for only 12 months) products are market-leading.

If anyone else has something for me to raise, please let me know.
  • Mchambers wrote: »
    Mmm...I downgraded my flexdirect account to flexaccount yesterday via phone without any probs.. I will start it again next year for the 5% interest I will be attending a N/wide event soon, where users meet senior N/wide people to ask questions and give feedback. I will raise this item and that none of their other (apart for 5% flexdirect account that only lasts for only 12 months) products are market-leading.

If anyone else has something for me to raise, please let me know.

When you downgraded your account did the adviser ask why you were downgrading? I only ask as when I recently downgraded my flexdirect account to a flexaccount the adviser kept asking why I was downgrading my account.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2017 at 12:20PM
    Barney1954 wrote: »
    When you downgraded your account did the adviser ask why you were downgrading? I only ask as when I recently downgraded my flexdirect account to a flexaccount the adviser kept asking why I was downgrading my account.

She did ask. I really cannot remember wot reason that I gave. Whatever the reason, it must have answered correctly as it was downgraded.

HTHs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport