Returning Faulty Car

Hi All,

Currently going through the process of returning my pcp car due to it being faulty, I am just waiting for a final decision from the dealers.

I am just wondering, can a company force you to take another contract on should they decide to accept the car back? A friend of mine said this is a possibility, surely no one can force you into taking a credit agreement if you have lost faith in the brand?

I look forward to your thoughts on this!

Comments

• No can force you to take new agreement. However you will have to sort out old one.
  • the old one will end once the car is returned according to the finance company. Will that mean I am free to go elsewhere to look for a car should they decide, I'm quite paranoid now about them saying we won't take the car back unless you take out another agreement.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    There's two separate situations you are confusing.
    1. They could, as an opening position, say they will take it back on condition you open a new finance agreement for a different car.
    2. But thats just an opening position (if they suggest that). If you stay firm and insist on them taking it back, full stop (and there may be some process you need to go through?) then thats it, clean sheet.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It could be the opposite. If you've terminated a contract with a manufacturers finance provider you may find they refuse to deal with you again.
  • Which car was, and what was wrong with it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure