Try Me Free Hunt

Options

Comments

• dugsie
    dugsie Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Luckystar wrote: »
    I sent the lindt creations off on 4/8 nothing back yet, anyone else experienced a long wait on this one?

Still waiting for Lindt sent on 29th June. Also Persil sent 15th July & Compressed deoderent sent 4th July. Will try & chase them up in next few days.

The Lindt one was an online form to submit & i wondered if they log IP addresses and were not going to pay out as I'd already done it for another address (using same computer).
  • dugsie
    dugsie Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    m1kjm wrote: »
    I've had a response to my complaint to the ASA who are about as much use as chocolate teapots as they appear to have simply accepted P&G's lies:

Your Complaint : Procter & Gamble UK (Eukanuba)

Thank you for your patience while we considered your complaint.

We contacted the advertiser in regards to your concerns (without revealing your identity) and it would appear there were two technical issues with the form since it was launched, which the advertiser took steps to resolve. We also understand that customers who have contacted Eukanuba about the issue have been reimbursed in line with the offer.

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration with your experience, temporary technical difficulties do not necessarily render an ad misleading under the Code we administer. At present we consider we do not have sufficient grounds to suspect that the advertiser does not, in general, provide the service as described or that this is a widespread issue. However, we will monitor the situation. If we receive similar complaints in the future we may consider more formal action is appropriate at that time.

Procter & Gamble has asked us to pass on that if you have any questions or concerns about being reimbursed you can contact their UK Call Centre on their freephone number 0800 015 7462 and quote your ASA case reference number (xxx) to help them easily identify you and resolve your concerns.

Although we will not be taking further action at this time I would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring this matter to our attention. The ASA website, www.asa.org.uk, contains information about the ASA and the work we do, including the results of our investigations into other recent complaints, many of which have been upheld.

Kind regards,

Kate Howlett
    Senior Complaints Executive

Absolutely chuffing hopeless. Trading standards? Letter to MD? They're taking the mick now.
  • some_time_soon
    Options
    So annoying. I've just been to Tesco, bought the 10.99 Venus Olay razor, picked up 9 other small things, mostly sweets. Went through self service and had to have the asst watch me as nothing was registering on the scales, looked really suspicious…lo and behold, no PP voucher - because some little wine gums I'd picked up must have fell out of my basket. Argh! Can never get it right! They better refund me now I've paid top whack for it!

I would do as M1kjm suggests and return the item and try again. There is also a £2.00 moc on supersavveyme for the razor
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've sent my BIC off now. Hoping that goes ok. Has anyone who uses more than one address done the BIC more than once? I'm just a bit hesitant to do it again as it's a bit more tricky than others, but could be persuaded...

I confirm I have now done them successfully more than once at more than one address. Returned within a week with the postage reimbursed and even a profit on the postage paid :T
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    tulip12 wrote: »
    I have just received my cheque for £10 from this Bic promotion but not the £75p I paid for postage. Do they say in T & Cs that
    they will reimburse postage as I cannot see it any where.?
    Thanks Tulip

It says if you ask for it you can have it so I wrote it on the application form and they've sent me £11.40.
  • tulip12
    tulip12 Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It says if you ask for it you can have it so I wrote it on the application form and they've sent me £11.40.
    Oh I did not notice that :( . Thank you for your reply Tulip
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Luckystar wrote: »
    I sent the lindt creations off on 4/8 nothing back yet, anyone else experienced a long wait on this one?

Mine has arrived but it did take a few weeks :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My cheque from lindt arrived today, thanks for the replies :)
  • purplestar133
    Options
    My BIC cheque arrived today! Took less than 10 days, I think. Already looking around for another pack! £1.49 at Sainsburys at the moment.
  • purplestar133
    Options
    If you cba you could take it back and try again, say you've bought your fussy teenage daughter the wrong one or something.
    I would do as M1kjm suggests and return the item and try again. There is also a £2.00 moc on supersavveyme for the razor

I braved it and returned the razor, then tried again. I also did some research before I left and found a couple of things that I wanted that were cheaper in Asda, so, got a PP voucher for £7.09!

Left beaming! One of the things was Seabrook's Lattice Crisps which have 50p cashback on one of the apps too. Tesco were selling them for a scandalous £1.99. Ridiculous price!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback