HSBC Credit limit

Comments

• nissan_st
    nissan_st Posts: 55 Forumite
    also
    does anyone think this would have been a auto decline if i was on ER ?
    is it possible it was approved becuase i wasnt on er it could be reffered to a human being and then approved ?

hsbc never wanted to phone me for extra security but mbna did
    if you do it its done
  • Whytetwns
    Whytetwns Posts: 29 Forumite
    Well i still have not heard anything yet

I have 3 settled defualts all in 2014 however i did have few searches only to get most my debt under one roof hope get card to get my to high intrest cards into one and take advantage off the bt for 3700
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Given this thread and people's success with getting a reasonable limit with so so credit history, I thought I've give an application a crack.

Currently I've the following cards which are paid off in full each month.
    Barclaycard Platinum with £1200 limit
    Vanquis with £1500 limit.

I'd like to get shot of the Vanquis and now my CCJ from 2015 has been set aside, I'd hope I'd be able to do so, in part so I can get a better limit.

I've one settled credit card default from 2014 for c£1900 which is the only negative in my credit history.

Applied just now with little risk I'd think given I'm not planning on getting a mortgage for another 15 months. My salary's £57k for what it's worth and no debt.

Applied and was told I'd get an email.
  • HSBC's system is ancient, apart from Current Accounts I don't think they do instant approval for cards???.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 March 2018 at 8:49PM
    HSBC's system is ancient, apart from Current Accounts I don't think they do instant approval for cards???.

Would be interesting to know if others have been automatically approved for a card. The whole application process came to such an abrupt end that it left me wondering if it was just me.

As an Advance customer they have sent me a couple of marketing emails since encouraging me to apply which makes me wonder why they are still driving for new applications if they cannot keep on top of the existing applications. Unless they are just behind on the exceptions like us.

Alex
  • GM1880
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Jeeeebus HSBC are rubbish!

Applied a couple of weeks ago and nothing. No record of my application on their system, so they say it must be with the underwriter still. Told to call again in a week.

In the meantime, applied for the BA Amex, referred, accepted (£5700), card delivered and yet, nothing from HSBC. Pretty rubbish! Pull your finger out HSBC.
  • GM1880
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Phoned HSBC again, seems like I've been declined.

No major dramas, got the high(ish) limit BA AMEX now (funny I get that but nothing from HSBC), then stick with my £1500 Vanquis and £1200 Barclaycard for non-Amex transactions. Will be applying for a Mortgage in a year or so, so no harm done. Will reassess after that by which time my default will be about to drop off.

HSBC perhaps not quite as generous, but they appear crap, so not too fussed.
  • Alexland
    Forumite
    HSBC finally replied to my secure message on the 23rd accepting me with a measly £4k credit limit compared to my £16k Tesco limit. They promised to send out paperwork but no sign of it so just chased them again. It's been nearly a month since I applied. Hopeless.
  • Alexland
    Forumite
    HSBC have finally admitted they have been so slow in processing my application (even though it got accepted) that it has expired on their system and the deal they offered me is no longer available. Hopeless.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Alexland wrote: »
    HSBC have finally admitted they have been so slow in processing my application (even though it got accepted) that it has expired on their system and the deal they offered me is no longer available. Hopeless.

Log a complaint you should be due some compensation!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure