Heathrow parking advice

We are going away for a couple of weeks abroad soon, and we leave from T3 Heathrow.
I have never parked long term at Heathrow before, but have been recommended Purple Parking meet and greet, because we are taking a fair bit of luggage. It is coming out around £120 at the moment which I think is really steep.
Are there any others I should be looking at or is this an average price?
Cheers.

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I would recommend checking https://www.goodtogoparking.com/

This is a low cost brand for LHR's own on site parking. You use the official Heathrow car parks, and they have a meet and greet service.

I used them last year and they were very competetively priced at the time. And if you go via TCB or Quidco you should get 7.5% back.

I just plugged in some dates for next month and they came out cheaper than Purple Parking for Meet & Greet
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If luggage is manageable look at parking at LHR T4, keep your keys with you.

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/getting-around-heathrow/travel-between-terminals

T4 to Terminal 2 or Terminal 3

Free shuttle trains run between Terminal 4 station (Platform 1) and Heathrow Central station (Terminals 2 & 3). There are four trains an hour.
    Average journey time: 20 minutes
    Frequent London Underground trains also run between the terminals. The transfer is only free if you use a Transport for London Oyster card or a contactless payment card.
    Average journey time: 16 minutes
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Why would you want to park at T4 when there is long term parking at T3?
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Why would you want to park at T4 when there is long term parking at T3?

Could be because it's cheaper?
    First 2 weeks of May, Sat to Sun is £65.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Of course the other approach is to try to reduce the amount of luggage. Do you really need to take so much? I find that even though I think I am travelling light I often come back with some unworn clothes.

Too much luggage always adds to the hassle and strain of travelling.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If you live in London you might want to consider http://airportr.com
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    andygb wrote: »
    We are going away for a couple of weeks abroad soon, and we leave from T3 Heathrow.
    I have never parked long term at Heathrow before, but have been recommended Purple Parking meet and greet, because we are taking a fair bit of luggage. It is coming out around £120 at the moment which I think is really steep.
    Are there any others I should be looking at or is this an average price?
    Cheers.

Where are you travelling from OP? Maybe alternatives to a car would be appropriate? https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions
  • FULLY RECOMMEND!!!!
    Meet And Greet In Heathrow . driveparkme co uk

This is the fifth time I've used these guys and have never been disappointed.
    They've always have answered the phone promptly, have never left me waiting at the airport (either drop off or collection) and are always polite and courteous and never had any issues with the car on return
    I have used numerous valet parking companies throughout my travelling life and found these guys to be best so far, hence why I keep returning!!.
    See you again next month.:j:T
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    jhon123 wrote: »
    FULLY RECOMMEND!!!!
    Meet And Greet In Heathrow . driveparkme co uk

This is the fifth time I've used these guys and have never been disappointed.
    They've always have answered the phone promptly, have never left me waiting at the airport (either drop off or collection) and are always polite and courteous and never had any issues with the car on return
    I have used numerous valet parking companies throughout my travelling life and found these guys to be best so far, hence why I keep returning!!.
    See you again next month.:j:T

First post and recommends a meet and greet company ? telling PORKY,S :eek:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure