PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2012 at 4:25PM
    Options
    Hi Pennygrabber :wave:
    I don't know why on earth I put 5p?! :o
    I was in the car in Tesco's car park and was so chuffed with my purchase, I wanted to share it straight away :o

Hope everyone gets some. There are 2 scents. One is Passion and one is Desire :eek:

Edit:

ANOTHER great bargain I have found is that Home Bargains sell LARGE free range eggs x6 for £1!!!

That is really good compared to the supermarkets. It's as cheap as our local farmer!
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did quite well on the spends today at A*di and L*dl and have a few cash items for tip, book etc. I also spent some of my vouchers but I am not counting these as they are really for things I wouldn't normally buy unless I had the vouchers, if you see whatI mean. Have a lot of L2Shop ones from work and I save them up for something meaningful, or like today moisturisers with SPF30 which is a very occasional buy. More basic items like toothpaste, soap etc. come out of the GC.

I was also in As*as to get their cheap Gold Blend and it was noticeable that there was none of the rush around/chuck it in going on and there seem to be a lot of couples shopping together and scrutinising prices. I noticed a couple of big price rises percentage-wise in L*dls with bottled water to 32p up from 29p and tissue box now 45p (was 29p a year or so ago). Their Gold Blend was over £1 dearer than the one I bought in A*da, as well. If you multiply that sort of rise over a monthly family shop you are looking at big rises indeed.

I bought a couple of paperbacks on healthy cooking from a CS so that I had something to read at the hairdressers today and I begrudge a tabloid paper as there's nothing of interest in them, so I am off to look at healthy options based on the food in my 'fridge.

I hope you are all enjoying a break if you are getting one!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • lovelife79
    lovelife79 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello all, hope everyone is well

small spend from other night of £3.08 on cakes treats and a bottle o juice for work.

but have to report frozen sandwiches and bag of treats/cans of juice in boot of car worked splendidly for the hell that is nightshifts! meant i didnt spend anything so 3 NSD for me as well :j

AND on my way home from my last shift of the week this morn, i was sorely tempted to go into some greasy spoon of a cafe and buy something bad for me, instead i mustered my self control n came home, toasted the last of my bread and had some lovely garlicy cheese spread on it instead - yummy and no cost involved! :A so pleased with my self!

but i am planning on takeaway pizza tonight though :o :rotfl:

happy easter wknd every one
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi All

A few more spends to report

£8.99 in Mr S
    £3.48 in Mr W
    £1.15 in the corner shop

Having storecupboard Spaghetti Puttanesca tonight :)
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    just done a couple of days of the worst overspending ever
    farm foods £52.16 check out guy really nice and knocked £5 even lough i hadnt got a voucher
    fruit and veg £25
    morrys £71.53

that is shameful, off to update sig now
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Just braved Mr T's and managed to spend £38.50 taking me up to £73 altogether.
    I got some of the £1 washing liquid and a few treats for me and the visitors next week - not too bad a spend considering.
  • ModestyB
    ModestyB Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, spent £15.31 in Ald! today, 1 pork leg joint, £7.28, 4 packs of different flavoured ham, 1 pack pastrami, 1 pack topside of beef and a 4pack of baking spuds. We have never liked packaged ham from other sm's but these are really fresh and tasty. Sig. updated.
    Happy Easter everybody.
    Hugs to all who need one.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    updated sig and that doesnt include wine beer and easter pressies for kids.
    am planning NOT to go morrys next weekend just want to get bread and soya milk + fruit and veg.

tonights tea is hm pizza base is in the bm doing now just going to prep toppings and decide what to do for afters tomorrow
    got gammon for mil and meateating ds the rest of us will have mushroom tarts
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Morning, you thrifty lot:wave:

Florenceem, how do you stop your wedges from sticking to the tray? Mine always seem to stick no matter what I do?

mine stick too so i now use one of those reusable silicone sheets - works a treat

i found the enrituals a few weeks ago and picked some up , when i went back 2 weeks later there wasnt any :(

I have found a local fruit shop that seems to be reasonably priced , i got a large punnet of grapes , a punnet of raspberries, pack of dates and a bunch of bananas for £3.26 :j ive also found a butcher who sells locally farmed meats , a bit more expensive so havent bought anything from there yet but im thinking of trying it
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Hi Pennygrabber :wave:
    I don't know why on earth I put 5p?! :o
    I was in the car in Tesco's car park and was so chuffed with my purchase, I wanted to share it straight away :o

Hope everyone gets some. There are 2 scents. One is Passion and one is Desire :eek:

Edit:

ANOTHER great bargain I have found is that Home Bargains sell LARGE free range eggs x6 for £1!!!

That is really good compared to the supermarkets. It's as cheap as our local farmer!

lol! I couldn't find any when I went in. We even asked the shelfstacker, and she had never heard of it and couldn't find it. :(
    Just braved Mr T's and managed to spend £38.50 taking me up to £73 altogether.
    I got some of the £1 washing liquid and a few treats for me and the visitors next week - not too bad a spend considering.

No fair, I want some!!
    sistercas wrote: »
    i found the enrituals a few weeks ago and picked some up , when i went back 2 weeks later there wasnt any :(

What the?!?! I want some! I'm going to go and fill an online trolley and see if they have any there!!

I'll report back...

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport